Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Updater Build

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Updater Build

A new updater build is now available which should function properly for everyone. Keep in mind that you will need the .NET 3.5 framework installed to use it, links and details on this is under the downloads section for the updater.

The new updater will eventually become self updating as we expand its featureset and improve it. The current build is alpha just to get everyone running.

Please be patient as it runs, it might redownload files you already have, this is just part of transitioning to this new updater platform and will only happen once.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

The new updater looks nice, more official. Good job, I like it.
    Akodo
    Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Another fine job
      Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

*Note: If you have trouble downloading the updater, ensure you are logged in first.

Is this the reason I can't find a link for the download on the downloads page, or am I just blind?
        Originally posted by Lollercide
        Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dune View Post
          *Note: If you have trouble downloading the updater, ensure you are logged in first.

Is this the reason I can't find a link for the download on the downloads page, or am I just blind?
          I scratched my head for a while until I realised you have to click the title of the updater under the nice picture.

ie the bit in the grey box that says "Sundren Client Updater v3.0.1.3 Alpha" directly above the bit that says *Note: If you have trouble downloading the updater, ensure you are logged in first.
          Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I'll be patient, but I must say that I liked the progress bar in the old one better. Sure, it may not be entirely accurate, but it gave me a safe feeling that something was happening... or something like that

That said, it does look a lot more professional and clean.

Oh, one more thing. I don't know if it'll hurt, but the updater started right away with an incorrect 'game path' for me (I don't put my games in program files). I changed it just after the updater started and clicked save.

Just out of curiosity, has anything changed that we can't see with the naked eye? Like, did you make it faster? (I saw the file size had decreased and an xml config file was added)

Comment

For me, it seems to crash or freeze at the end of the update process.

I don't know how many others are having that same problem.

I hesitate to remove all of my sundren files and try updating, but for the sake of testing I shall take the plunge.
              Yup, I put a signature in..

Comment

Ok, I'm downloading the hell out of something, but the updater does not show any progress

It makes me very scared that it looks like it is frozen but I will give it time to work its magic.

Comment

I had a similar problem at first, but then I downloaded the framework 3.5 he linked and restarted my computer and after that it worked perfectly fine. I thought I had framework 3.5 already, but I guess I didn't because before that the bar just whizzed by over and over again and then when I installed the framework, it remained solid and slithered across.

So try downloading and installing that if you are having problems.
                  Akodo
                  Rhime - or is he?

Comment

I did

I tried installing sundren as though I was a new user and had none of the files.. lets just say its still downloading.

Comment

I have the same problem with the updater (not responding) at the end of the update. Which causes it not to proceed to loading the game. I just ctr/alt/del and saw the (not responding) status with the updater. If you end the process and load the regular game and select multi player and then the server you can get in just fine. But as far as starting the game through the updater It keeps freezing.

Oh and I spent all night updating my PC so I can get the .net 3.5 framework. I was with out I net for a year and it needed a lot of updates :P
                      "Computer Jock striving for the most nerd points"

~Pip Gemini~ Halfling Adventurer

Comment

Err...I can't download it? The name that you say to click does nothing for me, Sprakeh. It just highlights the text.
                        "How did you get into the press box?"

"I walk with boldness and authority wherever I go...it works sometimes."

Comment

The updater stops responding before downloading anything.
                          I have netframework 3.5 installed.

Any ideas?
                          Alex: the bass drum player

Comment

Be patient, and wait.
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

And try to not do anything else while it is working. That helped for me anyway. Go make food
                              Originally posted by Lollercide
                              Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X