Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Downtime - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Downtime - Thursday

The server will be down for an extended period of time as I give the network some serious upgrades and go through a number of configuration changes. The good news? Well, Sundren will be on a more stable, reliable network with less downtime and better performance.

If the donations keep coming I will make the next purchase the equipment for me to build an SSD drive, which will cost around $150. The big benefit of this will be that reloads after a crash will be nearly cut in half in terms of waiting time.

Thanks for your patience and look forward to more improvements to Sundren!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Starting from when you posted? Thanks for all the hard work Saulus.

Ademant - Genasi with tainted blood
    Raggard Haffee - Wild Dwarven Druid

Comment

Good that Sundren will be improved again ... crashing and lags are very annoying indeed ... but since there are two servers (the old one and the new one) can we not have the old one (that was supposed to be kept for testing, developing and other bulider magic) standing as backup? So whenever the main server is under maintance (especially long one) the old one would host Sundren. Not sure how difficult it would be - tell me if I am wrong ... but I guess if kept up to date with all the changes and new content of the main server it would only need server vault transfer.

Anyways ... I still respect that some maintance has to be done and although I really wanted to play tonight (not much time to play lately - duties eat all of it - if not work then girlfriend take it all ... lol).

Keep up the good work Sundren team and check your PayPal !
      See you later fellow players ... and (if you can) make Saulus's PayPal check more happy!!!
      KociPazur
      sigpic

Comment

I just realized its Thursday, LOL.

I guess the server will be down most of the night then?

Well, we can go forward with the trial then I guess

Comment

Originally posted by KociPazur View Post
          Good that Sundren will be improved again ... crashing and lags are very annoying indeed ... but since there are two servers (the old one and the new one) can we not have the old one (that was supposed to be kept for testing, developing and other bulider magic) standing as backup? So whenever the main server is under maintance (especially long one) the old one would host Sundren. Not sure how difficult it would be - tell me if I am wrong ... but I guess if kept up to date with all the changes and new content of the main server it would only need server vault transfer.

Anyways ... I still respect that some maintance has to be done and although I really wanted to play tonight (not much time to play lately - duties eat all of it - if not work then girlfriend take it all ... lol).

Keep up the good work Sundren team and check your PayPal !
          See you later fellow players ... and (if you can) make Saulus's PayPal check more happy!!!
          Unfortunately doing that is more trouble than its worth as the database and character files would have to be migrated over to the other server.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Should we look here for notification when the server is up again?
            Dahdmib Al Faruk: Whirling Ranger
            Dordleton Grumplestout: Spelunker Gadgeteer
            Shalika Ike: A Dark Woman with a Dark Past

Comment

I'll post a message when it is, It should be back up sometime early friday.

George Carlin

Comment

Sounds perfekt! It's really worth waiting for.
                Hail The Black Rose

Comment

its early friday now heheh

Comment

Yeah ... I hope Saulus didn't mean NEXT Friday ... lol
                    KociPazur
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X