Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Changes Tonight - Feb 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Changes Tonight - Feb 1st

- Players up to and including level 8 will be able to resurrect from the Essence of Night for a 10% experience hit and a 5% gold hit (use the Temple of Waukeen Bank!)
    - Signuses when used by newbies will avoid the above consequences
    - For players above level 8, a signus or resurrection will be required to bring you back, all players already above level 8 will automatically receive 2 signuses
    - A few store updates
    - GBX will make it a priority after reading this to get gems in the loot drop tables as well as signuses

- I may further drop gem costs depending on how well players do after these changes.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I just want to say as someone who has only been playing here a week or two, I'm really impressed and pleased with how this server is maintained. The DM presence is unbelievable to me compared to previous servers. This update is good for the server, and the fact that you do frequent updates is even better.

Thank you and kudos,
    Shad

Comment

If you have signuses and are below level 8 do you get the option to take the xp hit instead to save them? or does it use them automatically?

Comment

You can save them if you wish.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Can the experience hit delevel you?
          Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Yes, experience hits will not protect you from de-level.

George Carlin

Comment

yeah, good news

thanks!
              "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Originally posted by Lanemeyer View Post
                yeah, good news

thanks!
                Yes, it is.

Uh, if Signuses are added to drop tables, what if someone, you know, yoinks it? Aren't they untradeable?

Sorry! Sorry! I would love signi (agreed upon term?) in drop tables. Maybe things you could turn into Signi? Or trade in for Signi?

Comment

A signus trade in idea might be nice, I would think it annoying for someone who has like 4 signi to pick up a fifth one when I'm in the party too and have none I'de be like... thanks... I could have used that, kinda like giving away that rare sword to a mage or something when the fighter or paladin behind him could have really used something like that. Just a thought, awesome job getting the update ready so quickly though, I figured it would have taken longer.
                  Akodo
                  Rhime - or is he?

Comment

The new changes are in effect.

George Carlin

Comment

Do you need to have gold in the Temple of Waukeen to be able to Res.? And how long do you have to wait to respawn, without a signus?

There was a major crash while a party of 6 of us where in the canyon by Aquor. Two in are group died. Cadmus Runesmith use a signus and Kaden (can't remember character's last name) could not respawn. He stated that he was level 6, but could not respawn after about 30 minutes. We had to buy 10 diamonds and res. him. Neither of them would have died if there was not a crash, as we had killed most of the Cartel there.
                      sigpic
                      Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

I think he means that you can lessen the gold penalty if you have money in the bank.
                        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the crash to the server occured last night about 1:30AM Eastern Standard time (US). There were no DM's on, and I nor Kaden had the option of taking the XP hit to respawn. Hopefully I can speak to a DM sometime today and get the issue resolved
                          Cadmus of Helm - Priest of The Vigilant One, watcher of the coming darkness.

Comment

I've updated a few things, the next restart everything should be working fine, if not keep me updated in the bug tracker.

George Carlin

Comment

My lvl 11 character does not have 2 signus he currently has none and never recieved any.
                              Is this correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X