Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossdale Forest Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossdale Forest Preview

Here's a sneak peak of one of the big projects we've been working on, Mossdale Forest.

Full graphic here.

Was it enough that we just made a really amazing place to explore? No, we want to push the limits of what people think is possible in NWN2... Mossdale Forest wouldn't be possible without the help of our good friends at RWS, Hellfire and Baron... who have already provided the NWN2 community with some awesome new tilesets, placeables, etc.

As more progress is made on this huge project I will post more screens, and updates... And in the next month or two I will discuss another very very cool update we're working on.

A big thanks to all the amazing work that Hellfire & Unrein continue to do.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Looks wonderful! Very eerie. I can almost hear the frogs croaking, smell the musty air, and feel the sticky humidity.
    Dashmin "Dash" Fleetfoot
    Strongheart Halfling

Burglar turned Wizard.

Comment

Looks awesome. Is it high level area? Mid-level area? Am I going to need to get a new processor to be able to see it?

Comment

high level area.

God save anyone who ventures in there, if they're as powerful as their supposed to be. Hah, we'll have to make huge groups to survive in there . Easier XP then Veritas though :O

Comment

Very good looking, realistic area. I have never seen such realistic areas on a NWN2 server. Sundren ROCKS, keep up the good work!
          Gulli05
          Characters:
          -Galidran Myrkara - Theme: Progenies of the Great Apocalypse - Dimmu Borgir
          -Zeherna "Zera" Zahiir
          -Garidas Wulfden Telien
          -Galiana Eld'zan
          -Grey'den Stormhammer

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
            high level area.

God save anyone who ventures in there, if they're as powerful as their supposed to be. Hah, we'll have to make huge groups to survive in there . Easier XP then Veritas though :O
            Since the level cap for XP advancement has lowered does this mean this "high level area" is aimed at levels around 12-15?

Veritas is aimed at the levels 16+ to my understanding, is that still true? If so, Veritas has gone past the point where you can get regular XP advancement. So unless this is an area for those under level 15 I can't see that the ease of XP is all that relevent.

Still, it looks nice. Thanks for the hard work everybody.
            Shane
            Aspiring book publisher, soup vendor & inspirational legendary heroine.

Comment

The Bloodmaim, in the lore and in events, have all been Massively Powerful And Going To Kill You. Therefore, yes, the Mossdale will -not- be somewhere that you go to grind. It will be somewhere that you go with a dedicated purpose, such as a quest or event or upcoming magic items or signuses... and this is as it should be.

If the scariest region of the server is grindable, it's not scary anymore.

Anyhow, detracting attention away from the absolutely awesome work that's implied in that screenie. ^_^ Even if they will kill us, the areas and models look beautiful.

EDIT: Also refer to this post. Hence, at least when it is first introduced, no one is going to be able to get even a little way through it. At all.
              Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
              Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Reading between the lines (also the linked post) it is aimed at levels 18-19 and pretty much just for DM events.

I understand it will be for getting stuff not currently in the game, not for XP.
                Shane

Comment

Or, you can get like, 10 people and go raid the mossdale forest ;D.

*Did that with stonegarb at level 3 :P*

Edit: As for easier XP, as I said, go raid it with 10 people. And Veritas is 16+? :O, I thought it was mainly for people around 13 or 14... Just to get up to 15 pretty much. If only I could find a group.

Comment

Or, you can get like, 10 people and go raid the mossdale forest ;D.
                    Ten people about my level? I wish!
                    Besides, I get so much laaaaag with large numbers of players and then typically a DM will arrive to enchance the 10 person in a dungeon experience (which ramps the lag even more) it just means I'll buy a one way ticket to the Fugue Plane.

Lend us your siggies? I'll pay you back, honest.

Sadly, for me, the server upgrade seemed to make little difference. Thats my fault for being so far away from the server. I'll look into getting a visa for Canada. Same freakin' Queen and I have to get a visa.

*Did that with stonegarb at level 3 :P*.
                    When Shane gets killed and I have to roll a new character I'll keep that in mind, maybe even send you a metagaming tell.

*Edit: As for easier XP, as I said, go raid it with 10 people. And Veritas is 16+? :O, I thought it was mainly for people around 13 or 14... Just to get up to 15 pretty much. If only I could find a group.
                    Exacta mundo!
                    Shane

Comment

Veritas was doable with the old iron body scrolls... now you have to go with the old stoneskin and go there only if it's not lagging. But yeah, about 12-15 I'd say.
                      Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

MEh, thats the problem Funk Guru. With so many people in one area, it causes lag. Thank you, Obsidian! >>. And, as for going to stonegarb at level 3, I don't see it happen anymore. It was when the server started again, there were all these level 3's. *Rushes to Stonegarb and Necropolis.* We want 100 xp, not 20 from a stupid goblin!

Comment

Originally posted by Leevoth View Post
                          Looks awesome. Is it high level area? Mid-level area? Am I going to need to get a new processor to be able to see it?
                          Actually Hellfire spent a lot of design consideration in the new models to make them look great, but run even better... expect to see great perf in these areas (at least in comparison to the campaign).
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                            ... expect to see great perf in these areas (at least in comparison to the campaign).
                            I have no idea what that is.
                            Unless it is a place in Western Australia.
                            Shane

Comment

Nice one again. It feels great as always to see this project evolve.
                              ~ The puppetmaster of Xilphia Redclaw & Thyral Hammerhand ~

Comment

Working...
                              X