Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a new server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new server...

Well as many of you know Sundren has been getting very full -- and very popular lately. The DMs are always busy, and the developers (including myself) are getting a lot of our time sucked up tinkering away in the toolset.

So here's the plan at the moment, our current server is hosted with GBX in Florida, thanks to the generous donations of many of our players over the the summer we were able to pay for a large portion of our current server. We would like to build another server which would become our primary, it would be hosted with me on a slightly faster internet connection, but the main difference being it would be in a better location (I'm not too far from Toronto on the East Coast, and especially for overseas players this would offer better latency).

So as before we look to you guys, our players to help us out. If even 200 of our active players donated $5 dollars each, that's $1000 dollars. Every little bit helps.

The other major benefit for us development wise is that the current server can be used for development and testing and won't lag players.

I would also like to thank all the people who have already donated -- some multiple times. Your support is what helps us keep doing what we do.

UPDATE: Server Specs (See donate meter on forum index)

*EDIT: Looks like the donation bar got reset from the add-on I got, there didn't seem to be anything I could do to prevent it, so I just restarted it with what we need remaining to build the server.

*EDIT2: I've ordered the motherboard, cpu, and the memory. I'll be buying the power supply here locally once the rest arrives. If we reach our donation goal I will also upgrade the internet connection to something a bit faster, and possibly buy either more memory or a RAM Drive to speed up server load times. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks again for all your support.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

*Makes note to self* Remeber to sort out paypal
    "We are what we think.
    All that we are arises with our thoughts.
    With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

You can count on me; a new server will be great!

Comment

If I could, I would. :X.

Comment

I'll donate. Paypal only right?
          ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately paypal is the only reliable way we can accept donations.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Ok, done. Took literally 30 seconds. Come on, all the cool kids are doin it!

Comment

The more money we get, the faster of a server we can build.

George Carlin

Comment

My little security thing you need for paypal is at home. As soon as I get home, I will donate.

Comment

i'm not exactly sure what this means. Are we looisng our charcters we have now? Will the other server be up, while the new server is being built? New Rules for it? new Forums? New World?

Comment

Just have to wait for my card to come through from the bank, then I guess I could find someway of donating
                      Originally posted by Lollercide
                      Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark__Soul View Post
                        i'm not exactly sure what this means. Are we looisng our charcters we have now? Will the other server be up, while the new server is being built? New Rules for it? new Forums? New World?
                        Only that Sundren will be running on a better, faster server in a slightly better location for overseas people.

Everything else should be the same.

Comment

Nothing will change except the server would be more stable, better connection, etc.

George Carlin

Comment

Or Saulus is a bit strapped for cash and needs to go christmas shopping
                            "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Payment made, exchange rate is good at the moment too

So wheres my Donator badge to give me the warm self-satisfied feeling?

edit: aaah there it is... mmm... nice
                              "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Working...
                              X