Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Dec. 17th, 2007 -- New Areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Dec. 17th, 2007 -- New Areas

We haven't listed update notes in awhile... as of a pending update later tonight here's some new content.

- Sestra has been tweaked slightly (including another bridge, texture and housing revisions, grass, etc, more to follow)
    - Shrine of Chauntea has been added to Sestra (you will be able to pray there too, use .pray if you worship Chauntea!)
    - Woodsman's Home added to Sestra
    - Barn interior added to Crossroads
    - Druid Sanctuary added to Druid Glade
    - Ranger's Rest tavern added to Ranger Outpost
    - Exigo Factory has been in Sundren City (Trade Tier) for awhile
    - Creatures killed by NPCs should no longer drop loot
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Sestra looks fly.

That is all.
    Krislin Sent
    -----------------
    Upholding the mysterious complexity of all things. A mirror to truth.

Comment

You know what. I am pissed there still is not brothel. I mean come on, how am Emelii supposed to become a crimelord when she has no hoes to smack?
      ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

druid sanctuary is bloody nice, Ronin has been meditating a bunch in there. Praying too, but I guess its not a temple so the term lip service might be better?

Comment

Cool cool. I haven't seen it all and stuff....

But awesome work.
          Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
          Immortality is your last hope.
          For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

I found this ubercool feature in the factory where I walked over to talk to someone and then a trap killed me.
            Sammael Redstone - Country-raised sorceror, knows his drink

Comment

That's a mean trap.
              Krislin Sent
              -----------------

Comment

Originally posted by Sammael View Post
                I found this ubercool feature in the factory where I walked over to talk to someone and then a trap killed me.
                When I encountered it, my first reaction was, "No fair!"

Then I pictured a DM in a gilded wooden office chair, cackling madly and twisting his waxed moustache between thumb and forefinger, saying in a Snidely Whiplash voice, "I've got you now, adventurer! Just wait until you see what I have in store for you next!"

Then said DM covered the lower half of his face with his cape and disappeared a puff of smoke.

Then I got to laughing at it.

Yeah, I have issues.

Comment

Quite ... attractive ... barn.
                  Krislin Sent
                  -----------------

Comment

Originally posted by nutranurse View Post
                    You know what. I am pissed there still is not brothel. I mean come on, how am Emelii supposed to become a crimelord when she has no hoes to smack?

I think the better question is how a 16 year old Barabrian Ranger with an 8 charisma is supposed to become a crime lord.

I need to check out Sestra and the barn still.
                    ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

To give the public an idea of where Sundren is heading, I will be posting to this thread with my current projects as well as other information. After all, players should know what's going on.

Next week I get a two week vacation, which means, I can dev for two weeks, near full time hours on Sundren. So expect ALOT of things done.

I) I told Saulus players will be able to do quests before Christmas. I kept getting side tracked with other projects with scripting and other such deals. Once this is working, expect areas and NPCs to start handing them out

II) DMFI languages are very buggy and can actually crash the server. Fancy that. That's to the efforts of virusman's plugin and Sundren's plugin, we have just about everything in place to completely overhaul the language system. What will happen with the new language system is you will have a tiny window that will tell you what language you're speaking. Clicking that will allow you to change the language. It will also be hideable. Then, ANYTHING you type in whispers or normal speech will come out in another language. Translated to those in hearing distance like now. The goodness doesn't end there, however.

On level up you will recieve the option to choose more languages as well if your intellect bonus goes up. And people will have the ability to select nearly every language instead of a small subset like now. This system ALSO will be much less CPU Intensive (Ironically) which is better for everyone. On top of that, scripters will be able to use languages, so that means NPC conversations using the language system, how cool is that?

III) Template Races is a feature we discussed and it's on my plate for this month as well. This comes with a side bonus, character file modification in the plugin. What that means is, description editting, some special items, and DMs/Scripts able to make complete changes to a character from within the module (You will get booted to reload it).

IV) We've got ALOT of plans for new maps and redoing some existing ones (Like all over Viridale), but I don't want to get too much into that since it's too much of a spoiler right now ^_^

How goes the struggle GBX?

(I couldnt post in the update section)
                      Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

for the language system, is it possible to 'mark' words you don't want translated?
                        for example, prefixing names of people with a hash
                        Not particularly important, I mean, I guess you could RP that quite easily, but it would be very cool
                        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

for the language system, is it possible to 'mark' words you don't want translated?
                          I think that is done by putting an asterisk around. But that's generally treated as an emote.
                          Jasareth Kalisurr *stares at you blankly and slowly raises a brow*

Comment

my question was with the Factions and Quests...
                            Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Working...
                            X