Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren on the lookout for new DMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren on the lookout for new DMs

So you want to DM? Keep in mind there's a few things we take into consideration when looking for new DMs.

- Experience with Forgotten Realms
    - Knowledgable with NWN1 and/or NWN2 DM Client
    - PnP DM Experience a plus
    - Free time! If you don't have a lot of free time you won't make a good DM, this is a commitment
    - Maturity, we are looking for mature DMs who can handle the bad apples along with the good
    - Toolset experience a plus
    - Excellent spelling & grammar -- you represent Sundren which has very high standards in quality, that should translate into excellent language skills

If you feel that this sounds like you send me a PM detailing past experience and why you think you would make a good DM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Updated.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Alas, I don't think I could live with 2,4 or 5
      Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Oh god, you really can't live up to five.

Comment

I know But I'm a child, I don't have to be mature!

Comment

lol

I tottaly can't DM in Sundren
            "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

I think i could manage DM. I have alot of spare time and im always willing to help.

Comment

Excellent spelling & grammar -- you represent Sundren which has very high standards in quality, that should translate into excellent language skills

i can only speak one language..... English =(

Comment

Pedantry!

Originally posted by avenger View Post
                  I think I could manage being a DM. I have a lot of spare time, and I'm always willing to help.
                  Originally posted by avenger View Post
                  I can only write one language... English. =(
                  Don't worry: I have a few problems with my own writing, too.

Comment

'Alot' can be spelt like that and also a commar shouldn't be put before 'and' really.

Also, there really was nothing wrong with - ' i can only speak one language..... English =(' - par the capital I.

Also, this is greatly off topic.
                    Originally posted by Lollercide
                    Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dune View Post
                      'Alot' can be spelt like that
                      Not in any dictionary I've ever seen. Maybe you're thinking of 'allot,' though from the context there doesn't appear to be any apportioning and/or distribution of spare time.

and also a commar shouldn't be put before 'and' really.
                      That's certainly true in the case of lists, and I'll even concede that this case might be considered debatable. Though I'll only do so as long as you replace shouldn't with needn't.

Most grammar teachers will at least recommend using a comma and conjunction or a semicolon to separate independent clauses.

Also, there really was nothing wrong with - ' i can only speak one language..... English =(' - par the capital I.
                      A five dot ellipsis?! Come on! That's like, like... pure temptation for the anal retentive!

As for the usage of 'speak' versus 'write', I was reaching on that one. Though the words are generally accepted as interchangeable in this context, write is a far more accurate word choice.

Also, this is greatly off topic.
                      I said I had problems with my own writing!

Also, bumping the thread by screwing around with stupid academic crap will at least get more people to read it. Even the content of my posts might get some people more interested in being DMs--if only so they can feel that giddy sense of satisfaction from squashing one of my characters.

I might kindasorta miss those guys.

Comment

'Alot' cannot be spelt like that and also a comma shouldn't be placed before 'and', really.

Also, there really was nothing wrong with - ' i can only speak one language... English =(' - par the capital I.[/quote]

lol, okay fine, the original sentence was fine grammatically, I just wanted to join in

3 dots is enough for an elipses.

On a separate note, there is no need for more than 1 exclamation mark. Maybe 2 for emphasis, but 2 AT MOST.

EDIT: DAMMIT! the carp beat me to it

And is a connective/conjunction, meaning there is no need for a comma. But it makes reading it easier, as you know you are meant to pause there.

Comment

I notice how everyone keeps noting how they got OT but continue to do so, this is about DM positions, not grammar folks.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                            I notice how everyone keeps noting how they got OT but continue to do so, this is about DM positions, not grammar folks.
                            We were just attracting more grammar freaks You wouldn't want people who think the word "losing" is spelt "loosing" to be dming would you?

Comment

I'm sorry if people think my spelling is terrible but back to the subject of DM, is there any chance of becoming a DM.

P.S ive checked all the spelling in this reply to stop any more arguments. =P

Comment

Working...
                              X