Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been Awhile, so here is an Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been Awhile, so here is an Update!

We havn't posted our client/server changes in awhile, so I'll some up some of the more recent ones:

* New area, Valley Road connected to the gate of the Sunderer
    * New area, Exigo Warehouse/factor, inside Sundren City
    * Sharahan Hills has been redone.
    * .subdual command added, but it has an issue i'm looking into where sometimes people will begin to bleed, despite subdual being on.This should be fixed soon.
    * Fixed bug where DMs could not understand languages while possessing NPCs
    * .chair command added to do a chair sit animation.
    * .back command fixed to lay on your back.
    * New affliction system with narcotics and more. Sorry parents, but you did buy a "Mature" rated game for your kids.
    * New IP Autoblocking plugin so flooding would be dropped to near nil.

Now some of the upcomming features:

* Crafting drops from creatures/chests. We are gathering a list of chances for drops and where we want them to be. Once that list is complete players will be able to snatch up crafting components and make fun items. Some people have already discovered crafting recipes
    * Custom PrCs. Fey has been working on some custom PrCs for your enjoyment. They are still being tested internally, but when we are satisfied with results, you may find yourselves with options you didn't have before.
    * Character Description Editting. This will allow players to edit their descriptions themselves.
    * Custom Language System. We're sick of the DMFI language bar, and I'm sure you all are too. We're also tired of the bugs with languages and not being able to pick up new ones as you gain intellect, not to mention choices being severely limitted. The new language system will allow you to simply pick a language and talk normally, spitting out your words in another language which gets translated to those around you. No more separate bar!
    * Alot of new areas on the horizon.

Hurrah!

Good work, and looking forward to the gubbins in progress... edit character description eh? Damn useful for that rp evolvement.
    "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Whoa, custom PrCs? EPIC!

Comment

* Character Description Editting. This will allow players to edit their descriptions themselves.
        Thank the gods (and the devs ) I will be able to correct that annoying moone typo
        Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

_LOL_
          Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

...screw custom PrC's this is the best addition eva'
            Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

Somehow I don't think you'll say that if you saw the PrCs lol.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

*Prays that one of the PrCs is an all out defence one*
                ~Lyonette L'cyr (Rook)-- Deader than Malaclypse

~Megandlla Uyth 'Llar -- In a land Far Far away!

~Emilee Mistwalker -- A Female Sigrun? Pfft, far cooler--.... eh.... Hated!!

Comment

Editing character descriptions....YAY!!! Now I can change my description to match James' mood swings!
                  James Leith - Gone home to the Isles
                  Iefan Gwyllym - Newly arrived!

Comment

PrC's are great but not for everyone, and in a really involved RP/PW...it's more for reputation for some than optimization. Granted the Red Wizards of Thay and Guild Thief PrC's meet both needs very well were as the Harper Agent does not.

Custom PrC's that meet most of your needs are really great.

Though with the introduction of a lot of new PrC's it is highly probable that there will be a spike in alts and sadly we may see less of certain reoccurring characters that we've all grown to love or hate...or could be a druid and decide to wield an battle axe, wear breast plate, a helmet, run around preaching Helm's doctrine while GBX is on and get deducted so much exp they would one again be eligible for a PrC.

...there's a novel idea.

Though I trust that the custom PrC's will fit well in the nature of Faerun and Sundren in terms of balance, availability, and theme. (coughs)

Hopefully there's something for everyone.

Still, something as simple as the ability to edit your character description deserves my kudos. After all...should you be burned badly from the neck down due to multiple fireballs and firewalls in a sea of tentacles, grease, and darkness, you should be able to write that in your description.
                    Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

Comment

...although the Valley Road is rather sweet. (and the sound track rocked)

Comment

It all sounds great. Congrats to everyone who did all the hard work on the new content. And the rest of the mod for that matter.

Comment

Sweeet! Lots of cool things..!

*humps GBX's leg*
                          Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

Originally posted by ipsissimus View Post
                            PrC's are great but not for everyone, and in a really involved RP/PW...it's more for reputation for some than optimization. Granted the Red Wizards of Thay and Guild Thief PrC's meet both needs very well were as the Harper Agent does not.

Custom PrC's that meet most of your needs are really great.

Though with the introduction of a lot of new PrC's it is highly probable that there will be a spike in alts and sadly we may see less of certain reoccurring characters that we've all grown to love or hate...or could be a druid and decide to wield an battle axe, wear breast plate, a helmet, run around preaching Helm's doctrine while GBX is on and get deducted so much exp they would one again be eligible for a PrC.

...there's a novel idea.

Though I trust that the custom PrC's will fit well in the nature of Faerun and Sundren in terms of balance, availability, and theme. (coughs)

Hopefully there's something for everyone.

Still, something as simple as the ability to edit your character description deserves my kudos. After all...should you be burned badly from the neck down due to multiple fireballs and firewalls in a sea of tentacles, grease, and darkness, you should be able to write that in your description.
                            From everything I've heard, the PrCs are all designed around the various reputations (similar to how Red Wizards and Amn Thieves have to be inducted). Thus, it won't be easy to just create a new alt to try out a new PrC.
                            -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Ok..wow!

The Bio thing is great! I can actually have one now without restarting

Languages sound awesome, I am so hamfisted with the current system I always cock it up

Prcs sound great but doubt I will ever reach a level to take one. Meribo has gained one level since I started here
                              Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X