Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clerics must match Deity - Starting Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clerics must match Deity - Starting Today

We will be monitoring clerics to see if their domains match their diety. We will have an automated system that will deny access soon if your domains do not match.

It is very important to us that clerics stick to what their gods grant for power.

Here is a list of deities and what domains we expect you to select for the deity.
    http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5147

Ignorance is not an excuse. If your character does not match then it will require rebuilding, in which case you will lose you max-level modifier.

There will be no exceptions to this ruling. If you have questions about domains, ask a DM.

Does this include clerics already in play?
    Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX
      If your character does not match then it will require rebuilding, in which case you will lose you max-level modifier.
      So yeah. We're doing this because of the clerics already in play. Nothing worse than seeing a Banite with Heal/War.

Comment

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I read it right. I already pointed out my mistake to Saulus yesterday...oh well reroll here I come.
        Currently playing:

Comment

I actually assumed this was required, future proofing at its best!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopBob View Post
            You would think so, but our players didn't seem to think so

Comment

Sent you PM on it GBX
              Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
              So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopBob View Post
                Some Dominions were not available before MoTB came out.
                Currently playing:

Comment

We'll switch them to new domains if you want too, since it's not alot of effort anymore. It used to be back in the day.

Comment

Moradin

I created a Dwarf Cleric who worships Moradin and his domain is fire can I switch his domain. I actually did some research before creating my character and saw on one page where because Moradin also is heavily associated with the forge that fire would be an acceptable domain, but if I need to switch his domain and still can please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Clossera View Post
                      I created a Dwarf Cleric who worships Moradin and his domain is fire can I switch his domain. I actually did some research before creating my character and saw on one page where because Moradin also is heavily associated with the forge that fire would be an acceptable domain, but if I need to switch his domain and still can please let me know.

Earth is Moradins elemental domain, ask a DM ingame to help you reroll- items, xp, gold will be returned to the 'new' character as long as it matches the old in all but the corrected domains.

You can check here: http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5147
                      "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Im new here and don't have much say in it.

there are a lot of spells missing from the current domains in nwn2 and the domain list isn't complete either.

this rule is fine for PnP but doesn't it seem a bit constricting in this context?

Comment

Give it some time. Sundren is constantly evolving. Many things are planned for the future. Things will balance out eventually.

Comment

i think its a bit harch to box cleric into this box with domain's and deuties. and if the idea is to balance the class, so should all who have a god play with the favorite weapon as the god has. example: dwarf warrior has bane as god hes should use morningstar! so i vote for let players select domain's

ps. i dont play a cleric.

Comment

I thought at one point the rule was that the cleric only had to have ONE of the deities domains instead of both, and I actually thought that worked pretty well personally. I mean I would never take like healing and evil domains if I was a follower of Ilmater, but I do normally like to take the healing domain with my clerics and if he is say.. a follower or Tyr or Helm, technically he can't have that domain which seems kind of harsh for people who like that domain.
                              Last edited by Jaeram; 03-21-2008, 10:34 AM. Reason: I meant Tyr, not Torm.
                              Akodo
                              Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Working...
                              X