Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Patch Issue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Patch Issue

From NWN2 Boards:

Posted 10/09/07 17:50 (GMT) by Rob McGinnis
    Ok, so this is where things are at:
    If you do NOT have MoTB installed, and patched up, you are fine.
    If you DO have MoTB installed, you probably ran into the CD key issue.
    The patch has been pulled. Hopefully it is just a case of removing a file - but as all things seem to go, it will probably involve rebuilding all of the patches. If that's the case, it will be a while.
    So another patch will likely be out today to resolve all of this. Patience is a virtue my homies. Once it's out, we all patch again and life is good.

So, "If you do not have MotB installed, and Patched up, you are fine"

*groans* Looks like there are at least 3 of us who...
    Do not have MotB installed, and Patched up, and are NOT fine.

*Looks for that patch uninstaller*

Comment

They pulled the patch because of the MotB issues....thats why you cannot get updated. The server updated before the issue became known which is why you cannot get on.

I think
      Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Correct Vekin.

We've decided to reinstall the server and patch back up to latest to allow the majority of players to be able to play. This does mean anyone who has patched will need to reinstall if they wish to play today.

McGnome said that they will not have a patch out today and it would take at least a day before they do have one. One day of downtime is too much for us.

Comment

What happens to thse of us who have played today if you revert, are our PC's ok or do we lose what we got today?
          Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Unless there is something horribly wrong, updating and reverting the server will not affect the character vault.

Comment

Your characters will be unaffected.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Im confused.. I cant even get on the server right now, i cant findi t, and directconnect seems to keep saying its offline. whats going on?

Comment

So, you voilated the first rule of engineering, "If it ain't broke, don't **** with it."

So, where is the server now, and what is the IP address?
                  Myrddin Ariandraig

Comment

It was broke and we did fix it.

Try using a little keen observation and read to find the IP. It's in more than one place on the website.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Where is the server though?
                      Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                        It was broke and we did fix it.

Try using a little keen observation and read to find the IP. It's in more than one place on the website.

No luck it says you're offline.

And I am getting:

Connection Error
                        Unknown Connection Error
                        Myrddin Ariandraig

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin View Post
                          No luck it says your offline.

Fact.

The server is currently showing as "Offline" in the Gamespy server list. When trying to do a Direct connect, it times out.

As Scooby would say: "Ruh-roh!"
                          Don't run...you'll only die tired.

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Server is up now, as stated already by GodBeastX in this thread we had to reinstall because of Obsidian's patch issue today. So some users may need to reinstall who downloaded that patch through the NWN2 updater earlier today.

The IP change is on the server information bar at the top of website, and it is also in a recent news announcement.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X