Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with new patch (Oct. 9th)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new patch (Oct. 9th)

The new patch Obsidian recently released today (26mb, available through NWN2 updater) apparently has some "issues" with people who have MotB installed. Apparently it modifies your cdkey.ini file.

Sundren is using this new patch and if anyone does encounter any cdkey problems then you will have to navigate to your NWN2 install directory (default is c:\program files\atari\neverwinter nights 2\). There you should see a nwncdkey.ini file, open it and verify both keys match your cdkeys found in your install manual.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I am having trouble finding the game here where I live, so I may have to order it online. What is the timeframe for when you have to have the new NWN?

Comment

We will require Mask of the Betrayer "when we're ready". Though I expect this to be near the end of this week.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Can't patch to (1116)

I'm stuck on (1115). When I tell the game to autoupdate it says I'm current. Also tried the Sundren updater. Is there a place I can manually update the patch. Haven't got a copy of expansion yet if that matters. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by kikaf24 View Post
          I'm stuck on (1115). When I tell the game to autoupdate it says I'm current. Also tried the Sundren updater. Is there a place I can manually update the patch. Haven't got a copy of expansion yet if that matters. Thx
          I ran the autoupdater, watched it install the patch and all. When the game restarted, the version remained on 1115 instead of moving to 1116 as mentioned earlier. Closing the game and running the updater again, results in the message that the game is up to date. Sundren server is grayed out. Message upon joining is Client and Server versions do not match. I also do not have MotB installed. Please help.

Comment

I'm the same as the above. Still on 1115 even after running the updater.

Can't get on to get my Sundren fix *sweating and eye twitching*
            Heed me thou who are darker than dusk.
            Heed me thou more red than blood.
            Through the passing of the mists of time I call to thee, swear myself to thee.
            Let thy great power be known to all the fools who stand opposed
            Merge your strength and mine! Deliver doom to all of them equally....

Comment

Please be patient it seems Obsidian rolled the patch back, rather than reinstalling the entire server, interrupting service for those who did get the patch (and forcing them to reinstall their game because of Obsidian's mistake) we will wait and see, they should be releasing it either today or tomorrow.

Please be patient folks.

George Carlin

Comment

Dagnabit. Now I gotta go and do that ironing I was putting off.

Curse the Obsidian, we hates it! We hates it forever! *Best Gollum voice*
                Heed me thou who are darker than dusk.
                Heed me thou more red than blood.
                Through the passing of the mists of time I call to thee, swear myself to thee.
                Let thy great power be known to all the fools who stand opposed
                Merge your strength and mine! Deliver doom to all of them equally....

Comment

Thx

Thx for the quick reply, glad I'm not the only one this problems. Hopefully I can see you guys soon.

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/forum//showthread.php?t=4879

Comment

Working...
                    X