Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING: Do not attempt to make characters that use MotB content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING: Do not attempt to make characters that use MotB content!

Until Sundren upgrades to require MotB sometime next week, please do not make MotB characters on Sundren! People doing this is directly related to server lag and some crashing. People caught ignoring this (and remember, we track races/classes) may be banned temporarily.

Don't do it! Be patient.

Thanks.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Thought it wasn't out until the 9th.. or did a patch unlock some of it?

Comment

It was released in Europe September 28th so many people have it already including some of our staff, however we will not upgrade Sundren to use it until the North America release on October 9th.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Ok just to check - I am right in thinking that Cleric domains changed with the compatibility patch?
        They aren't on the watch list?
        Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

The new domains are also not permitted until we upgrade to MotB.

George Carlin

Comment

Does MotB included new head/hairstyles etc and do these effect the server?

Might be just best to say dont use anything new from MotB till the server upgrades.
            Currently playing:

Bree Merrymar: Paladin of the Wayward Wardens

Comment

Originally posted by Vekin View Post
              Might be just best to say dont use anything new from MotB till the server upgrades.
              That would be implied in the "do not attempt to make characters that use MotB content" part of the thread.

Comment

Can I make a suggestion that may be unpopular? When NWN2 first came out, there were many, many problems that took awhile to fix. I actually put off buying NWN2 for awhile so that they could fix some of the big problems and when I did buy it and played the single player, I had a much better experience because I didn't hit all the snags everyone else did.

Saying that, should we wait a bit before we integrate MOTB into Sundren? If there are major problems with the new game, will it not really screw up Sundren? We have had a number of issues lately and it would really suck if the new game screwed us up even more?

They put this game out pretty damn quick and I am just worried that the quickness means a lot of stuff was not thoroughly tested and may not work. I do not understand all the mechanics when you have to upgrade to a new game, but it seems to me if there are problems in the new game, then those problems will also be in Sundren.

Just a thought.

If you do migrate or upgrade, it will definitely be next week, right after the release?

Comment

The problem is not everyone is using MotB yet, there are fixes in MotB you don't get with the 1.1 patch. Also many people have beaten MotB already and the number of issues I'm aware of are relatively few and are minor. By not switching over to MotB we will further prolong the fixes we need direly for many things in the game.

George Carlin

Comment

I understand and await the new updates. Based on your work, I am sure it will be even better than before and the new classes should be a kick to play.

Comment

Working...
                    X