Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New client updater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New client updater

The Sundren Client Updater has been updated, the only changes are the default location for our new updater server which will handle all the Sundren files.

Grab the newest updater on the downloads section.

http://www.sundren.org/forum//local_links.php?catid=1
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Not sure where the best place to put this is, so I'll just put it here, my apologies.

It seems the client updater can't be interrupted? This is rather annoying when trying to get all the files for the first time. I've just had 2 instances where the first time update process was interupted (once by a crash, the other when I lost my broadband connection) and upon restarting it's back to square 1. Even though it had got through something like 60% of all the files it needs, it then goes back and re-downloads all the files that were already done.

Is it not possible to save the files that have successfully downloaded so that in cases where the updater is closed or interrupted the files that were already downloaded don't get downloaded again? Audolo seems to do this, though not sure what system y'all are using here. Anyway, just an idea - would love to check out the server, but at the moment getting all the files in one go just isn't all that practical for me.

cheers, sidefx
    Yet Another Terrain Tool

Comment

Working...
    X