Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update - Sept 20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update - Sept 20, 2007

This was a heavy update behind the scenes, but there are some rewards up front.
    • Paladins now have detect evil, Blackguards Detect Evil, this can be blocked with the use of protection from good or evil.
    • New command system integrated into the engine to allow .commands. Such as .sit or .shovel.
    • New areas to explore north of Aquor
    • Spells have been rebalanced. This will be updated in the wiki soon. Mage Armor, Improved Mage Armor, Shield, Shield Other, Shield of Faith, and Magic Vestments.
    • Some visual effects removed from spells.
    • Some loot table additions. Muckspear boss first to benefit from changes, this will be an ongoing process to move the current creatures to the system.
    • Changes to spittlefist cave II to fit with lore more correctly.
    • Feydakin's new models now can be found in select places ingame, more items to follow
    • OOC room modified to suppress crashing.
    • Various bugfixes/exploits resolved

The new outdoor areas are awesome, and the encounter zones are among some of the most awesomely balanced, challenging and cool I have seen anywhere. Spawns using tactics! Traps in sensible places! Archers being archers and sitting on the other side of a cliff shooting arrows! And so many enemies that it brings in that old, wonderful feeling of panicky paranoia of "oh, crap, there are unknown dozens of enemies around here and I'm on my last Stoneskin..."

You know an area's awesome when you'd go just to look at the scenery.

As well, the new integrated command system is really cool, and I can't wait to see the sort of possibilities that come from that. Must've taken a lot of work.

In short, the entire Dev Team has divine rank, and Wins.

We love you. ^_^
    Adama who was once called Adama Hrakness, sacred paw of Mielikki

Lihana Farrier, Paladin of Torm and noble dalliance

On Hold: Alandriel Ward, Actually a Vampire Groupie
    Retired for Good: Tamryn Jorandur, Hano's Wife and Conflicted Soul

Comment

Exploreing the new areas was -aswome- !! The spawn system thats there was very neat. I liked how the archers did their job. Coolest part was to me is you really cant stop til the top. I like how it forces you to keep going even when you have nothing left. Even after a good.. 2-3 hours there? *looks to Raka* still proably a good bit we didnt see as exhustion took over XD

Saw Feys one shield, must get that Very awsome, need to look around more for the other stuff >.>
      Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
      So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

About the changes you made on the spells, I that possible to use custom .tlk files to update their descriptions in game?

Good job, anyway
        Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
        Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

We are using a custom tlk but we were more concerned about getting the fixes out and making sure they work than trying to reword a bunch of long winded spell explanations when most people won't even pay attention to them.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The mountains is a death-trap for spellcasters. Nice job, archers raining hell from above, traps everywhere... You've gotta have a rogue and a meat-shield, or you'll die -alot.- Like... 10 times... even with a cleric.. .>_< And they're quite smart AI's and they're in good areas and end up attacking the mage all the time. Well, everything does that >_>.

I saw some of Fey's work, very nice job. I just want the ice scimmy though

Comment

This update is the first time since the old ooc area was removed that I didn't crash on login

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
                The mountains is a death-trap for spellcasters. Nice job, archers raining hell from above, traps everywhere... You've gotta have a rogue and a meat-shield, or you'll die -alot.- Like... 10 times... even with a cleric.. .>_<
                Battle mage and battle cleric did fine

Also want to add i love the "slip" thingy that goes off, you make the save or your character falls down, lots of that and diffrent kinds would be even cooler
                Sacrifice everything as the final darkness falls... in the end, all that awaits you is death. Only then will you understand - you've been following in my footsteps all along.
                So come then, you heroes! Come in all your power and glory! For in the final hour, all must serve the one... true... king.

Comment

Working...
                X