Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to win a copy of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to win a copy of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer?

Sundren is announcing a writing contest to win a shiny copy of NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer, signed by the good folks at Obsidian Entertainment.

What are the rules of the contest? I'm glad you asked --

Users must submit a story that is written from a historical character's perspective during an event in Sundren's history. For those not familiar with Sundren's history, you can read our wiki for more information.

There is no limit to how long the submission is but we ask it be no shorter than a page at least . The winner will receive the signed copy of the expansion sometime after its released. Both the winner and runner-up will have their story made into ingame books. The staff will look at all the stories and decide which one we like best to decide the winner.

The deadline is October 12th, the 9th being the North American release date for the Mask of the Betrayer expansion.

Send your submissions here.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

By historical figure, do you mean someone of the standings such as Mundus or Vaer Vitori, or do you mean simply a character who may have been there to witness the past. Without knowing a greatdeal about the personality of some-one elses created character, I would fear intruding and altering the original creator's ideal image of the character. As a writer, I know that we all have preconcieved notions of any character we create, and try to respect that as best as I can.
    Active
    Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
    Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Simply a character that could have been around during any of those events and from their perspective how they might have happened.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

When is the story due by? I have written a bit but would like to know the deadline

Comment

Originally posted by Dethrune View Post
          When is the story due by? I have written a bit but would like to know the deadline
          Try taking a careful look at my first post again.

George Carlin

Comment

Ha NM I didn't see the full orignal post before!

Comment

Only for Canada and North America or Can I?
              Lucy Majer - "Squire of ???????"
              義 - 勇 - 仁 - 礼 - 誠 - 名誉「名譽 - 忠義

"With a heart of steel riding on wings of thunder, we'll raise our sword of resolution high. With fangs of revenge and claws of hatred, we'll return to our golden age."

Comment

As long as you have a valid mailing address.

George Carlin

Comment

hi iim a new person but yea

hey how do i download sundern.tlk thingy plz help me

Comment

If you're going to use the forums, please use them properly.

See:
                    http://www.sundren.org/forum//showthread.php?t=4727
                    Mapper and Mad Kitten
                    Currently playing:
                    Lill Moonberry - Halfling Bard who knows the Hills are Alive with the Sound of angry goblins

Comment

Do you guys need more time? I haven't gotten any submissions yet... Still a little over a week left.

George Carlin

Comment

Well someone is going to win the game by default because he had no competition! :P Lucky him, looks like you gets all let him win.

George Carlin

Comment

Still accepting stories for another week guys, I had a lot more come in today.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                          X