Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWN2 Expansion Mask of the Betrayer has gone gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN2 Expansion Mask of the Betrayer has gone gold!

Looks like a late September release for Europe and October 9th for North America. Full details here.

Sundren will require the expansion shortly after it's released sometime in mid to late October. Yes this does mean you will have to buy the expansion if you want to continue to play on the server, if $20 dollars is too much to help improve the game overall and fund continued patch development then you probably have bigger things to worry about than playing NWN2 ... All kidding aside, it's a decision that's for the benefit of the several overall and well... The expansion is going to be amazing anyway, so it's great news we're so close to getting it!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

bah! Europe gets it first, no fair.

Comment

Originally posted by undeadsteak View Post
      bah! Europe gets it first, no fair.
      That's fine with me .
      Zorn Terinus - the arcane scientist
      Drogan Ebonshield - the dwarven mercenary

Comment

Yay I'm getting it first.
        Jonathan Portnoy - A pirate's life fer me ARRR
        Caleb Norte - The Green Half-Orc
        Ego Trip - Wizard Spectacularrr

Comment

that is not fair, it will take too long to arrive here =(
          "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Awesome! New building blocks!

Comment

Not fair? hahaha, th more you wait the better it will be!

Comment

Meh, damn it. I need to go to europe, go buy it, play it, then come back here .

Comment

that may be a tad extreme, or expensive one of the two

Comment

You could have it shipped from Europe.

Comment

I'm having a hard time justifying buying anymore NWN2 products, frankly I'm not impressed with how they have treated the multiplayer aspects of the game, from lack of full DM gear to the stupid walkmesh-have to download the module to play it BS. The netcode is bad, the lag intolerable and it seems to me that all they are doing is catering to the munchkins with more 'epic' levels and such (why don't they just go play WoW if they want to be level 50?).

NWN2 spent way too much effort on pretty spell effects than making it so that a player could sit in a chair and from what I've seen of MoTB its more 'epic' spells with fancy effects and more 'feats' than anything else.

Sorry to gripe about it folks, but I would rather they spent their time and energy fixing the problems in the first game so that we could enjoy it more rather than creating another long story that frankly I won't bother playing (I never play the canned adventures).
                      ----------------------
                      Earl Montblanc

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Serf View Post
                        I'm having a hard time justifying buying anymore NWN2 products, frankly I'm not impressed with how they have treated the multiplayer aspects of the game, from lack of full DM gear to the stupid walkmesh-have to download the module to play it BS. The netcode is bad, the lag intolerable and it seems to me that all they are doing is catering to the munchkins with more 'epic' levels and such (why don't they just go play WoW if they want to be level 50?).

NWN2 spent way too much effort on pretty spell effects than making it so that a player could sit in a chair and from what I've seen of MoTB its more 'epic' spells with fancy effects and more 'feats' than anything else.

Sorry to gripe about it folks, but I would rather they spent their time and energy fixing the problems in the first game so that we could enjoy it more rather than creating another long story that frankly I won't bother playing (I never play the canned adventures).
                        Everything about this statement is wrong. You want things in the original fixed, but you refuse to get MotB, you cite them going into epic levels (mentioning level 50 in WoW) when they made the smart choice of a cap of level 30 instead of 40 like in NWN1. This expansion continues to pay for patches. Where do you think that money comes from? This is what the expansion is for, it improves the engine both graphically and performance-wise, it adds in new features and functionality, and it overall improves the first game. If you want the first game to become more than what it is... then buy the expansion.

Otherwise don't be surprised with the result.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Sorry Saulus, but what I have read doesn't really mention much about improving multiplayer other than;Create your own D&D adventures to play with friends online with enhanced modding tools.' Mostly they talk about graphic improvements, and some sort of RTS style of gameplay (obviously for single players controlling large parties). I like the idea of more area types being created, but truthfully, I would pay for a fix for the present game and some new enviroments.

As to my comment about level 50 I was talking about Wow, and the munchkin-like players that infest that place and how game designers are catering to their desires for 'more powerful' characters. I was pointing out that NWN2 should concentrate on fixing its problems with its exsisting product before it forces me to buy another product to fix it.

Frankly the game doesn't work properly and it should be fixed before we are forced to fork out more money for it. Thats the gist of my rant. Why should I 'support' the company when it hasn't fixed the origonal product? Why should we pay them to buy something that may or may not fix the problems that should be fixed for free?

My point is that programming skills and money is being spent on window dressing rather than making the house.
                          ----------------------
                          Earl Montblanc

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Serf View Post
                            Sorry Saulus, but what I have read doesn't really mention much about improving multiplayer other than;Create your own D&D adventures to play with friends online with enhanced modding tools.' Mostly they talk about graphic improvements, and some sort of RTS style of gameplay (obviously for single players controlling large parties). I like the idea of more area types being created, but truthfully, I would pay for a fix for the present game and some new enviroments.

As to my comment about level 50 I was talking about Wow, and the munchkin-like players that infest that place and how game designers are catering to their desires for 'more powerful' characters. I was pointing out that NWN2 should concentrate on fixing its problems with its exsisting product before it forces me to buy another product to fix it.

Frankly the game doesn't work properly and it should be fixed before we are forced to fork out more money for it. Thats the gist of my rant. Why should I 'support' the company when it hasn't fixed the origonal product? Why should we pay them to buy something that may or may not fix the problems that should be fixed for free?

My point is that programming skills and money is being spent on window dressing rather than making the house.
                            Yes but this isn't how the industry works. If you want to sit there and expect everything to get fixed in NWN2 for free then you'll be waiting a long, long time. Expansions are how they pay those programmers to continue to fix things.... and the expansion isn't just a few new things, it's a facelift. The patch that comes out on the same day of the expansion that was built for the expansion is going to resolve a host of remaining multiplayer issues. This patch will also be available to regular NWN2 users as well.

Regardless as mentioned before Sundren will be requiring the expansion towards the end of October to give most of our playerbase a chance to get their hands on a copy.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Feydakin View Post
                              You could have it shipped from Europe.

good idea.. I wonder how long that'd take though.. and it it might be a bit expensive . As for the Flying to europe, that was a joke...

Comment

Working...
                              X