Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance

Sundren is down at 2:30 AM EST for harddrive maintenance to address the lag issue. It will be down until I get everything up and running correctly on the new harddrive.
    Last edited by GodBeastX; 02-11-2007, 08:05 AM.

Take your time man.. thanks for the help.

And remember.. turn the power supply off in the comp before you insert the new drive.. *snickers*
    Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

*Sucks on a finger* Power supply off... right...

I'd first like to thank all the players for being patient with the issues and working with the DM's to manage things. You're all top notch.

I'd also like to thank our mappers, Daryn and Ash. They've both done excellent work to make Sundren well laid out, and they have much more in store for you all.

Now, on to the news...

Alright, server is alive and kicking. Of course, the real test will be when everyone logs in again. I have noticed and overall performance boost when remote desktopping and server startup. Hopefully this will carry over.

We do plan to further improve the server very soon. The current server will likely become a secondary server once the linking scripts work again. This may mean features such as player housing and such might sneak into the mix, but don't quote me on that.

Some bug fixes since release to note:

1) Foulbeard our resident smith has combined his stores into one now. Armor -and- Weapons. He also buys many items from adventurers, but not all, since he is, after all, a smith. Not a general goods dealer. More store updates to follow soon.

2) Mossclaw and Viridale forests no longer hide their paths of departure from poor Adventurers. They decided it was unfair that the adventurers had to indulge in prayer to leave.

3) Adventurers are now remembered for their brave deeds on the server, or misdeeds as the server now saves when a player rests, levels, or enters a zone, although I have not personally verified all three of these cases. As all the players seem to have been saved, I imagine at least one of the three must be working. I have read there may be issues with the saving functionality in servers.

4) Adventurers last location will no longer be saved on entry to the module in the OOC room.

As always, if an issue is discovered, please report it in the bug forums. I read these quite often. Now that the above issues have been addressed, this will give me more time to focus on fixing other issues instead of managing the server around them.

Comment

The lag has been lessened but not resolved. Although I did track down the real culprit, but havn't figured out how to resolve it. When resting it's writing data way more than it should be for unknown reasons and locking up the process for NWN2 until it's done. I'm trying to figure it out right now. It's an enigma.

Comment

I'm currently lagging out within a few seconds of connecting. I'm then stuck in place for about 60 seconds before finally the server drops my connection.

I am in the UK so I expect a high ping (the GameSpy list is reading Sundren as 140) but I doubt very much that's the problem.
          Mapper and Mad Kitten
          Currently playing:
          Lill Moonberry - Halfling Bard who knows the Hills are Alive with the Sound of angry goblins

Comment

OMG >_< I Fixed it 100% now. I don't even want to tell everyone what it ended up being because it's so stupid.

Server is lag free now. Enjoy. And... I did some work on OOC portal. Had to wipe the saved questions for everyone though. However, that should operate correctly now too.

Ash also said her issues are gone ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
              OMG >_< I Fixed it 100% now. I don't even want to tell everyone what it ended up being because it's so stupid.

Server is lag free now. Enjoy. And... I did some work on OOC portal. Had to wipe the saved questions for everyone though. However, that should operate correctly now too.

Ash also said her issues are gone ^_^
              Now I want to know what that problem was.

I was going to say I was given 3000 xp twice, but I see you fixed it.

I was given another bedroll though. Yay! lol

Comment

Yes, fixed that exp issue

Comment

Green items are fixed too now. Alright, I think that's enough for today. Going to sleep.

Comment

No no no, you tell us what the silly problem was or no slepe for you :P
                    Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
                      Green items are fixed too now. Alright, I think that's enough for today. Going to sleep.
                      Thanks a bunch! You certainly went above and beyond for us today.

It's what, 6 am where you are?

Comment

Well done, Merlin.
                        Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Wow. Signed on today and suddenly everything is awesome. Lag gone, goblins there, blacksmith purchasing. Cool, and thanks!

Comment

-wrong thread-
                            Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Working...
                            X