Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcomming Changes Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcomming Changes Tonight

1.07 Beta has been released and it cannot have come at a better time. We were scheduling an update for tonight, so we're going to couple it with the 1.07 update. However, we're going to deploy the changes to the development server for testing first before we give them to you guys. However, so you get the idea I'm going to give you the list of changes.
    • Death will now only take 5% of your experience to level instead of 10%, however, 5% of the coins on your character will drop to the ground at place of death. We'd like to remind players that there is a bank within the temple of waukeen to store coins so you won't lose any.
    • Characters below level 5 will not recieve a death penalty anymore. Characters level 5 and above will use the new penalties.
    • Coins recovered from killed enemies will be doubled from previous value.
    • The Temple of Helm is being moved from Mirakus Post to the current location of the Waukeen temple. This is to give Helm more of a presence within Sundren as the Deity should have.
    • The Waukeen temple is being relocated within the Trade Tier of Sundren.
    • New Dungeon - Slitherscale Caves. A new reptilian threat has made it's home in the hills of Sestra.
    • The Stonegarb Ogre cave has been completely redone for better dungeon crawling.
    • Chests will now have treasure in them. This treasure will be superior in chests that need special methods to open. All treasure in chests will have a chance of being superior to that found on random creatures.
    • Temple of Red Knight in Mirakus Post added
    • Various bug fixes and issues corrected.

As soon as the Development server is up to our standards, we will push the changes to the current server. This will require a client update of course.

Hope to see you all there!

So we should all update to 1.07 beta...now?
    Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Not yet. It's "Upcomming".

Comment

We'll tell you when, and provide you with all the links you need. Don't worry.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Double money from coins?! Very good news! And slitherscale, ooh, what lvl range is it?

Comment

Moving the temple of Helm is going to make it a 'running' location, that is; where folks enter the city and sprint to the temple, otherwise its a 4-5 minute walk, up and down stairs and such. Heck I've never made it to the temple of Waukeen for that reason (I get confused and lost in the city).

Since Helm is a guardian God, why not have his temple outside or near the city gates? That makes more sense than having it hidden away in the city (just my two bits worth).
            ----------------------
            Earl Montblanc

Comment

sounds like some pretty cool additions

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Serf View Post
                Moving the temple of Helm is going to make it a 'running' location, that is; where folks enter the city and sprint to the temple, otherwise its a 4-5 minute walk, up and down stairs and such. Heck I've never made it to the temple of Waukeen for that reason (I get confused and lost in the city).

Since Helm is a guardian God, why not have his temple outside or near the city gates? That makes more sense than having it hidden away in the city (just my two bits worth).
                Hidden away?! You enter the city gates and it's the biggest building in the area! And it's definitely not a 5 minute walk to the temple from the transition.

Comment

Eh? I enter in the South gates, and the temple is in the Northern part of the city area, you have to go down the stairs, back up the stairs, down a narrow street. Am I thinking of a different place? When I do this by point and click in walk mode it takes about 2-3 mins on average. Can you enter the city map from a different area or something? Maybe I'm just confused or something...wouldn't suprise me any...
                  ----------------------
                  Earl Montblanc

Comment

Uhm, just enter through trade tier and walk down, enter temple.. a bit simple.

Comment

through the trade tier...I never thought of that...doh! So I World map to the trade tier, do an exit in the South section towards the town and am in the North part of the city? I'll give it a try when next on.
                      ----------------------
                      Earl Montblanc

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Serf View Post
                        Eh? I enter in the South gates, and the temple is in the Northern part of the city area, you have to go down the stairs, back up the stairs, down a narrow street. Am I thinking of a different place? When I do this by point and click in walk mode it takes about 2-3 mins on average. Can you enter the city map from a different area or something? Maybe I'm just confused or something...wouldn't suprise me any...
                        I think you're thinking of another zone.

Comment

sigh most likely...or I just keep getting lost and confused. Seems to happen a lot in NWN2 for some odd reason I have a problem getting my bearings in the game, not sure why I never had a problem in NWN1.
                          ----------------------
                          Earl Montblanc

Comment

I'm not sure why either, especially when you have hit "M" and have a gigantic map.

Comment

The changes sound fantastic and I will definitely visit the bank at the temple of Waukeen. I always thought the temple of Waukeen was in the trade tier, down the stairs, but I probably got lost, LOL?

Will you be able to run back to the spot you died and recover your dropped gold, well, if you are stupid enough to court death again?

Comment

Working...
                              X