Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Hint of Banality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hint of Banality?

Cries of alarm rang out in the streets of Sundren as figures are seen, for a fleeting moment, making haste away from the temple of Torm after an eruption of ichor-laced energy consumed the head priest on vigil that eve. Of the dark figures, no trace could be found for rangers to track or wizards to scrye; no trace save for one page of script that slowly moved on the breeze, barely riding along the pebbles and grit of the road outside. The yellowed paper, stained with the telltale brown smudges of dried blood, seemed to be a fragment of some other larger passage and reads as follows:

??tyranny from within backed by the influence skulking without. Drive the stake of hatred coated thick with strife through the newborn, naive heart of the sundered city lest the petty puppets of Torm make solid their foothold and remove the land from the grip of the Iron Fist for an age. The seat of rule shall be covered by the long shadow thrown by Bane and his host. The cradle of new life found at the head of the spine shall be torn asunder and reshaped into the shattered contents of a cauldron of torment to be poured over Faerun. This corruption shall spread fast and furious just as the fires flash over the dry forest when a druid dies??

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
    "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
    Eldraxus Tzyvioq
    Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...
Working...
X