Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUNDREN.ORG Officially Re-Opens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNDREN.ORG Officially Re-Opens!

Well, after a brief period of inoperation (and a bit of vacation) Sundren.org has now officially re-opened. Currently testing is in the works of a brand new server on a high speed line almost double the old server.

There will be some significant changes to some of the direction of the server, of note there will no longer be any application system to play. We understand this makes us more accessible to a wider audience. All our rules are well-enforced.

We will be featuring several new areas when the server will go live, such as the wonderful new Port Avanthyr area by Xeraph, which is a truly stunning work in NWN2 map-making!

Full picture, here: http://www.sundren.org/photoplog/file.php?n=74&w=o

What's in the future of Sundren?

? Large capacity, low-latency server
    ? Balance between NPC quests and DM quests
    ? NWN2's Crafting System adjusted for Sundren's economy
    ? Store improvements
    ? New Initiative to allow donators to vote on priority of new features to come, donators will also receive an increase in their max inbox size

Check out our FAQ for more up to date info.

I will provide more information soon including a possible chance to join in on the stress testing.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Im sad to hear about the no application thing. The server was horrible after the applications were removed last time, with random player killing. A new player was discouraged to play here because of a gnome that suddenly ran up to us and firebursted, killing the new player. And yes, on purpose. When i talked to the player OOcly about this greiving issue, he responded with having less intellegence so he runs around killing people for fun. . . . . The application would surely restrict people like this from coming in, and not have our good new players discouraged from random encounters with people who wish to cause havoc.

Comment

We have a competent staff to enforce all our rules. They are clearly posted in the FAQ and people who decide to ignore them will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

We're all here to have fun, and we're not going to let abusive players ruin that.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Sure, but i've noticed loads of people who join in new servers and get pked very fast just log out and leave for good, with a bad impression. Heck, i've even done it with a few servers. Hopefully we'll avoid this issue, or DM's will be around alot to catch people like this.

Comment

I'm acctually for taking them off, as I think that most people are vary of the fact that they may be unlucky with their choice of server. We all know that these "pk-for-fun" player exists, so why shouldn't they?
          Let's just hope that the ones seeking good RP and friendly ppl looks by their unlucky first PK they might occur, and talks to someone else instead
          I have a +1 question brewing in this skull somewhere...

www.myspace.com/riotsweden

Comment

UHm, i didn't really understand what you were saying there esteten :P.

Comment

haha sorry.. early morning at work and enligsh, I was betting this would happen :P

I was trying to get out that I think the ones who PKs for fun on newcommers won't last long on the server and leave out of boredom or be kicked by an admin, and that I hope that the ones who would benefit the community and RP of sundren will stay even if they're PKed in the beginning, since they're obviously way more mature than the Pker

Comment

Yeah, but... getting PKed in the beginning is not a good impression, and I, would leave. I know how good Sundren is, so right now i wouldnt, but how do new players know?

Comment

as I said, I hope they'll look by that and try again, since we all know that these unmature kids exists. Ofc getting PKed in he beginning isn't funny, but we have to think of all the players who doesn't acctually get PKed and joins and tribute a great deal of fun to the server
                  I'm sure that:
                  the amount of good players enetering and staying > the amount of good players getting PKed and leaves

if you understand :P

Comment

Yeah.. I suppose so, I still'd prefer application so you don't have to put up with it.. but.. *Shrug.*

Comment

Applications may scare alot of good players >.<

Comment

Im for getting rid of applications all together. Surely the more people you have on the server getting to join in straight away will make it a better experience for all people. At the end of the day there are rules so people dont spoil other players fun.
                        Making it easier to access for people will only increase the numbers of players!
                        Vale Maliktus general do gooder and defender of the peoples of Sundren (lol)

Febrien Everglade a lovely elf girl you should take home to meet your mum, or moonelf ranger and protector of the light.

Comment

Hmmm, I've never been randomly 'ganked'... guess I'm just too scary . Not sure where I stand on the application thing... more players is good but no applications does indeed lead to greater variability with respect to dodgy playstyles... "Hey, lol ur toon looks wak, u wanna go farm goblins?". I'm definitely pro-application for drow though!
                          I got one leg missin'
                          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
                            I'm definitely pro-application for drow though!
                            Word!
                            Every "strange" race shouldn't be playable by the ordinary average Joe. those races should only be handed out by DMs per application.
                            And I still think that if someone comes shouting "lol noobz t00n walk, les kewl gobinzzz plxxx" he'd soon be taken care of, either by players telling him to try out RP, or by DMs who'll tell him about server rules.
                            After all this is a RP server, and I do think that most ppl know what RP is about, and if they wanna spoil it, ignore them?

Comment

Don't worry. We bought a large supply of banhammers this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X