Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes for August 19th, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Notes for August 19th, 2014

Argyle Keep Updates

Tupoun has been busy making some additional tweaks and changes to Argyle Forest and the keep.

New Racial Template: WEREWOLF!

Yes that's right, PCs can now become Werewolves (of the Caul Clan)... but before excitement overcomes this will be a closed and selective template!

While there are many types of lycanthropes in the realms, Werewolves are by far the most common, especially in Icewind Dale. The legends of the Great White Werewolf betray a strain of the curse unique to Icewind Dale, where white-furred werewolves are especially vicious and terrifying.

Template: ECL 8

Human Form

+2 AC
    4 STR, 2 dex, 4 con, 2 wis
    +5 survival, spot, listen
    10 DR cold
    Immunity: Disease, Immunity: Poison
    Tracking, Scent, Darkvision

Transformed (appearance changes) (Bonuses / feats IN ADDITION TO) Once per day ability

PC weaponry is usable (no creature claws)
    8 STR, 4 dex, 4 con, 2 wis
    3 Regen
    10 dr/silver
    Immunity: Mind-Affecting
    50% speed boost

To qualify, a PC must be bitten by a Werewolf who is a member of the Caul Clan. Also, PCs should have a tendency toward evil after the change (not to say you HAVE to be evil, but you're more predisposed to it).

Please don't take this as an opportunity to critique the template build, we may make adjustments in the future if we don't like the balance but this is currently the final info.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Yay werewolves
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Neat! Now the vamps can have some fun fightin' where wolves!
      I can't tell you enough how happy I am to escape.

Comment

There wolf!
        Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
        Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Tyranus can finally become a werewolf?! Where do I sign up!?

Comment

Haha, awesome. What can these guys think of next?

Comment

Cool always enjoy new content.
              Bram Drismon: Sundrens Centurio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndpryp2OlUQ
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Comment

And then came the Were-Bram. Then the Were-Brampire!
                Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

Someone is totally going to make a Vampire-Werewolf hybrid *cringes at the utter horribleness of the cliche*
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
                    Someone is totally going to make a Vampire-Werewolf hybrid *cringes at the utter horribleness of the cliche*
                    They can ask, but they absolutely will not be made. Have more faith in the staff.
                    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

... *quietly trashcans werepyre ideas*

(just kidding; I'm as happy to know both templates together are a no-no. )
                      But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
                      - Nessa

Comment

Relax guys... there's plenty of food to go around.
                        Attached Files
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hmmm I remember Elandra getting bitten by a werewolf some time back...

Can the lore / background / stats be sheared or is it too soon?
                          Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                          Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                          Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                          Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

While there are many types of lycanthropes in the realms, Werewolves are by far the most common, especially in Icewind Dale. The legends of the Great White Werewolf betray a strain of the curse unique to Icewind Dale, where white-furred werewolves are especially vicious and terrifying.

Template: ECL 8

Human Form

+2 AC
                            4 STR, 2 dex, 4 con, 2 wis
                            +5 survival, spot, listen
                            10 DR cold
                            Immunity: Disease, Immunity: Poison
                            Tracking, Scent, Darkvision

Transformed (appearance changes) (Bonuses / feats IN ADDITION TO) Once per day ability

PC weaponry is usable (no creature claws)
                            8 STR, 4 dex, 4 con, 2 wis
                            3 Regen
                            10 dr/silver
                            Immunity: Mind-Affecting
                            50% speed boost

To qualify, a PC must be bitten by a Werewolf who is a member of the Caul Clan. Also, PCs should have a tendency toward evil after the change (not to say you HAVE to be evil, but you're more predisposed to it).

Please don't take this as an opportunity to critique the template build, we may make adjustments in the future if we don't like the balance but this is currently the final info.

George Carlin

Comment

Looks great guys. Since the update was put in, the portals have officially been deactivated. So is the banner drop point been relocated? Also Myrkulite Players do not have access to their temple, by any means at all. I understand there are very few, but never the less they have no access to the faction gear.

Otherwise I am excited to explore the new keep and see the first player werewolf.
                              Active Characters
                              Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                              Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                              Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                              Dorin Hammond- Scout
                              Seith Ronson- Master of War
                              "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                              Socrates
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X