Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - 17 August (Some still in pipes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can we buy the res diamonds?

Comment

Are the new NPC temple rezes no longer restoring vitality?
      I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

NPC rezzes and Self-Respawn does not restore vitality.

Comment

Huh, why was I thinking it was no vit for self, little bit for temple, max for PC rez? Was that the old system and I just haven't been rezzed in that long?
          I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Used to be, but these are brand new changes.
            Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
            Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

OK, if that's the new system. I didn't see it explicitly stated in the notes so I didn't know if I was derping out about older rule changes.

Comment

With the Assassination vitality damage, isn't that a bit pointless since it can only be used against PCs, yet the Fort DC maxes out at like 24? You would practically only be able to assassinate Wizards.

Wizard haters! :P

Why not make it a Con check instead of Fort save? I guess the DC would have to be a bit lower, but then anyone could be assassinated. Elves would be slightly easier and Dwarves would be the hardest to assassinate, which makes perfect sense.

Edit: Constitution check DC 5 + 1/2 level + ability modifier perhaps? Also, I'm assuming they actually have to be killed by the attack or the following attacks in order to take this Vitality damage, or am I jumping to conclusions?
                UTC+8
                Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Don't target the paladin, blackguard, or buffle-bubbled toon, then. DC 24 is nothing to sneeze at for most toons.
                  But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
                  - Nessa

Comment

Originally posted by thaelis View Post
                    With the Assassination vitality damage, isn't that a bit pointless since it can only be used against PCs, yet the Fort DC maxes out at like 24? You would practically only be able to assassinate Wizards.

Wizard haters! :P

Why not make it a Con check instead of Fort save? I guess the DC would have to be a bit lower, but then anyone could be assassinated. Elves would be slightly easier and Dwarves would be the hardest to assassinate, which makes perfect sense.

Edit: Constitution check DC 5 + 1/2 level + ability modifier perhaps? Also, I'm assuming they actually have to be killed by the attack or the following attacks in order to take this Vitality damage, or am I jumping to conclusions?
                    The class-level DCs stack. For instance going 10 assassin/5 dark hunter can put you well above 24 DC.
                    10 (base) + 10 (assassin levels) + 5 (dark hunter levels) + X (int modifier) = 25 + Int Modifier for DC
                    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
                    Hastian Sanneset (Black Sheep of the Hands of Mundus)

Comment

Originally posted by Celanus View Post
                      The class-level DCs stack. For instance going 10 assassin/5 dark hunter can put you well above 24 DC.
                      10 (base) + 10 (assassin levels) + 5 (dark hunter levels) + X (int modifier) = 25 + Int Modifier for DC
                      Oh, well that's pretty scary. DC 29-30 isn't bad. I'm going to take my wizard and hide him in an adamantine bunker right about now.
                      UTC+8
                      Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                      Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Working...
                      X