Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Podcast Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcast Episode 7

This podcast has an indepth discussion of persistent worlds with myself and Id.

http://neverwinternightspodcast.com/?p=25
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Well that woke up my eyes a tad.
    Just gave me a healthy respect for what you're even trying to accomplish.
    Sounds like heaps of implementation is going into the DM's being in there and on it though; especially if this player-base expands like some expect.
    I was pleased with the grouping aspect though.
    But one question poped into my mind: What if you log in and find your usual friends have just gone off on an adventure, and you'd like to join them? (especially in that one party only dungeon)
    Will we simply go 'oh well' and sit back and wait? Not that it matters, but it would be nice to get with regular friends and establish them if possible. Instead of the mere chaos of: 'Hmm, do I run around looking for someone else or stay put?' that I sometimes saw on servers.

But anywho, interesting interview all the same. It all boils down to implementation anyways.
    There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

There will only be certain dungeons which carry that restriction, most events and scripted quests can easily be accomplished by a group with new members by simply adding the person in question to the party.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Nice work there m8s.

Rogue Player:
        Ok, I'll tell you what. I'll give you one gold for every door you open here in Undermountain.

Fighter Player: Hmmm..you got yourself a deal

DM: *grins*

*Actual happening in PnP D&D*

Comment

Working...
        X