Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - March 6th, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Notes - March 6th, 2013

Guardhouses on the Golden Pike

The Golden Pike is a series of tubes... err, a series of connected paths, highways, forest trails, etc. that link resources in the mountains throughout Sundren all the way to the Gate. Some sections of the Golden Pike are very well traveled and guarded; others are very dangerous.
    You can now secure guardhouses on behalf of your faction! You can justify this as a protective service, disrupting trade, collecting tolls, whatever you decide! ...oh, and you get a little rep, too... here's some details:

- There are five total guardhouses, spaced out by challenge rating

- You can only utilize guardhouses that are a "challenge" to your PC. So you can't control a CR 3 guardhouse with your Level 20 paladin.

- Can be used periodically, but not continuously

- Must be in a faction

- Can not be used after you are high ranking

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On...

Periodic earthquakes will strike Sundren (though they won't knock you down when in combat). Tremors are light, but frequent. I wonder why...

There will be a series of (not so unfortunate) events coupling with this. As previously mentioned, one certain reward at the end of this is an unlocked ECL race for one player. We have a very specific ECL race in mind, and you will find out soon enough. The criteria is open-ended, but will be based on the value you add to our community. When we ask for your submission, you can justify your value in any way you see fit!

Other Changes

- Banners can no longer be used by high ranking people. You need to get event rep from DMs to achieve high ranks. But, you should be able to earn rep through banners and guardhouses on your own to obtain red level faction gear.

- Caps are in place for XP. This is the give and take of making the encounter CRs easier across Sundren. I was seeing too many parties of level 4 dwarves (an example!) killing ogres at CR 9.

- Whurest normal mobs are now disarmable

- Nature's Warrior and Master of Many Forms are now open (or will be soon, I think the change is in though). You do not need the special "Guardian of the Grove" feat to take them.

(I apologize for the frequent server restarts this week. I had to do some script testing and did not have a tester module set up on my end. Thanks for bearing with me!)
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Sounds like cool stuff, the only caveat being that using DM events as the main source of rep requires DM events to actually happen.

Just for clarification's sake, what are we considering a "high-ranking" person? i.e. 5,000 rep? 10,000?
    Avery Selino - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIP4Q_L5iCM
    Davey Brinnerstaal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3c-X86Y6o
    Fregrin Ross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

The songs have absolutely nothing to do with the characters. But they are awesome songs.

Comment

If they're going by the talks lately for the factions, 10k will be high ranking and anything after that will require DM smacking with a Rep Wand of Utter doom!
      Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
      Cybil Gelley (Retired)
      Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

I don't like quoting numbers. Again, you should be able to obtain red level faction gear just by doing banners and guardhouses. That should give you a ballpark. I think you'll find early rep gain goes faster now, but getting to very senior leadership rightfully requires rep from DM interactions.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

you mentioned that natures warrior, and master of many forms are open, dose that mean they are working and no longer restricted? or dose that mean they are just working?

sorry for the dumb question.

BPB
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqvitALivzE

Comment

Not dumb. They are no longer restricted - you won't need a DM to take them. I can't promise that it will be worth it though, because MOMF is more roleplay than power...
            -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by ForsakenMustache View Post
              Sounds like cool stuff, the only caveat being that using DM events as the main source of rep requires DM events to actually happen.
              We're around. Please check my constantly updated schedule.
              "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

I knew I was going to regret that. I'm sorry, you guys are doing fine.
                Avery Selino - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIP4Q_L5iCM
                Davey Brinnerstaal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3c-X86Y6o
                Fregrin Ross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPE9uSFFxrI

The songs have absolutely nothing to do with the characters. But they are awesome songs.

Comment

Np stache. We recognize things slumped in the winter and are actively correcting that now.

Comment

Can't wait to see the changes!
                    Cranky - War Slinger
                    Elandeal - Bard and Wand Maker
                    Keldor - Barbarian Brute

Comment

MoMF is bugged; it still crashes on transitions and equipment is a nightmare to sort out. The Class is a buggy bug buggerer. If you are taking it for the dragon form ... don't! It sucks so bad a not so big bug could bugger it.

BUG!

Comment

You can only utilize guardhouses that are a "challenge" to your PC. So you can't control a CR 3 guardhouse with your Level 20 paladin.
                        Racist.
                        Originally posted by Cornuto
                        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On...

Periodic earthquakes will strike Sundren (though they won't knock you down when in combat). Tremors are light, but frequent. I wonder why...
                            this is why my PC drops to the ground from time to time? It seems strange that I don't get a weather emote for information. Just falling over randomly without being told of small tremors IC is a bit wierd.
                            My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
                            Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

I've managed to work out what to do and clear a guard post or two, finally. It's fun and I like the mechanic. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X