Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy's Fight Night Redux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy's Fight Night Redux!

A notice goes up around Sundren City and outlying towns, even to the Port.

COME ONE AND ALL! CAGE FIGHTS SPONSORED BY JIMMY'S IN PORT AVANTHYR!

"Good evening, my friends. Jimmy's Dice Den is proud to present to you completely legal and authentic Cage Fighting Matches once again, this next Saturday the 1st (4 P.M. EST) located outside the Murin Stouthammer Brewery! Contestants can sign up by sending a notice to Tyrsis at the Menacing Mariner. Spectators and contestants all welcome!

My friends, in these dark times what better way to take your mind from vampires and ne'er-do-wells than an exciting bloodsport? What better place for you to fight your friends and your bitter rivals? Fight for the honor and respect of your peers! Fight for the glory of the crowd! And, of course, the satisfaction of kicking the tail of your foes!

The rules are simple: No magic. This is to be a contest of strength and skill, not magic and manipulations. No magical artifacts of any kind will be allowed, including magical arms, armor, shields, cloaks, boots, jewelry, potions, or any other enchanted accessory. Mages and priests may not attend unless they plan to make no use of magic whatsoever.

All contestants may only bring the following:
    One suit of mundane non-magical armor.
    One mundane non-magical shield.
    and Three mundane non-magical weapons.

All skills, abilities, and maneuvers are acceptable, so long as they do not use spells. This includes tripping, disarming, punching, kicking, wrestling, hair-pulling, spitting in the eyes, or any other vicious but effective fighting style in a three round fight! The best of three wins the bout!

The cage match does not condone duels to the death, unless specific exception is made by the proper authorities. We will not play host to your blood feuds.

HOWEVER! We will entertain exhibition matches between competitors who wish for a grudge match! A bet will be asked from both fighters, and the conditions of the fight can be set by the two for the cash! Want to go bareknuckle with 10,000 stags as the bet? Going in with knives only? Want to alter the rules by using magical weaponry? Go for it, as long as you both agree to fight! If you have a grudge match to schedule, please note so in your message.

NOTE: These matches are not the same as the regular tournament, as it is possible to allow magical items between the two contestants. However, the ban on actual spellcasting still holds.

Spectator price of admission is ten stags. Contestants get in for free so long as they fight that night, and earn free drinks (Provided by the Incredible and Amazing Brewmancer Murin Stouthammer!) for winning as well as other possible prizes, including coin!

For the night, matches will be drawn as evenly as possible on the spot, with matches being placed in tiers and schedules in the following tenday. Prospective contestants are expected to sign up with Jimmy by sending a message or by posting below! The sooner the better!

Hope to see you there!"

((If you send a message, PM me with your name and level of your PC to be placed in a tier! Otherwise, you'll be placed the day of the competition.))
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

(( Do you mean Saturday the 26th? Or Sunday the 27th?

Comment

((Saturday! My bad, got my dates wrong.))
      Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :
      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

A notice goes out:

"Due to the lack of participants, this fight night is cancelled! Never fear, my faithful populace. It'll be back as soon as we gather stronger souls than those too fearful to enter the cage!"

((I'll still be around for a bit, but no one signed up. We'll try again next time!))
        Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :

Comment

Please do organize another! Was at work otherwise would've been there.

Comment

Anosh wouls participate, but I imagine He would be killed on sight as soon as he enteres Sundren city :P
            Active:
            Lazklesh: Water-soul, Fury of Auril
            Vlad A'dier: Arrow of Akadi, Blackwood Merc
            Jobella Nightjaw: Hunteress and blood spiller

Retired:
            Anosh Lis'lahoul: The ghoul of Serrano, The Nameless Monk. Accepted his fate, and accepted death at the hands of his master.

Comment

A plainly dressed, cowled woman signs up with the name Mary Kelly.
              Evelyn Meriadoc - One Step Ahead

Comment

The signs are updated, with fancy new lettering.
                Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :

Comment

The signs are doubly posted around the valley, seeking brave and foolhardy thrillseekers to join.
                  Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :

Comment

A heavily armoured man finds one of the signs in the port, and signs up with the name Eric Jacobson.
                    We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Another name signs up for the fight. Cephas Ashenfall.

Comment

Quietly, and without much fanfare, notices go back up in settled areas, including Sestra and Mirakus.
                        "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

The Lady River van Hellstrom takes one of the notices, and wonders why Kyle is never around when he would actually be usedful. She does make sure that the flyer is posted in the barracks, and decides to keep a weather eye out for Vlad and Tyranus.

Elsewhere, a young red-headed street rat in legion armour looks at the notice, then looks at her fist, then looks at the notice, then at her fist again. She folds the notice and stuffs it in her pocket, with hopes that she's off duty at that particular date.

((For the record, this is the first time I'm actually seeing this thread, and it was started over a month ago. Not sure why it's in the News forum- wouldn't it be better in the Rumors forum?))
                          River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

((It's from a previous fight night, I was just bumping the thread because it had the text.

Reuse, recycle!))
                            "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Byrun looks at the flier.

"I should hope my mercenaries have better things to do in their time than entertain shiftless drunks and women of ill repute and don't even get me started on the Port common folk. Sergeant! Did you put these up?"
                              Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
                              Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
                              Well, you've probably missed it
                              There was never anything there
                              In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Working...
                              X