Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A more or less tentative release date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A more or less tentative release date?

Just to give everyone a head's up on exactly what's going on. Some things are coming together, and some things are taking longer than expected, however I have made the decision to hold off the open beta until a 1.04 patch is released. If the delay of this patch carries on too long (IE into Feb.) then I will take the risk of releasing. There are several reasons why I would prefer to wait for 1.04, mostly due to exploitation. For obvious reasons I won't be detailing them.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Awww.... Considering how long it took them to haul out the last patch, the release date could be anywhere between late December (Unlikely) to mid-January (Much more likely). Does anyone know if there's been any news on what's going to be done in the 1.04 patch?
    Character(s)
    >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
    ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

I know there's an exploit fix. I'm hoping for fixes to two major PW bugs. Crashing servers from DM clients, and packet flooding bugs.

Comment

Bugger.
        Well I'll just keep waiting I guess. Shame exploits have to ruin everyone's fun.
        That being said, *picks up a whip* I know I speak for a few of us when we say, Guess that means you'll have more time to work on it.
        There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
          I know there's an exploit fix. I'm hoping for fixes to two major PW bugs. Crashing servers from DM clients, and packet flooding bugs.
          Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. Assuming there's not much else, I wouldn't expect it any later than early January, maybe late December if we're lucky...
          Character(s)
          >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
          ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Well... the DM client crashing bug is rather severe since it hinders the DM to run events, and the packet flooding bug makes the entire server to crash. I think it might be wise to wait until the next patch comes out, or a hotfix for the bugs.

Rogue Player:
            Ok, I'll tell you what. I'll give you one gold for every door you open here in Undermountain.

Fighter Player: Hmmm..you got yourself a deal

DM: *grins*

*Actual happening in PnP D&D*

Comment

Originally posted by Cha0ticGoblin View Post
              Well... the DM client crashing bug is rather severe since it hinders the DM to run events, and the packet flooding bug makes the entire server to crash. I think it might be wise to wait until the next patch comes out, or a hotfix for the bugs.
              It actually just bogs down the bandwidth to a crawl.

Comment

Ok..thought I've read somewhere on the official forums that the entire server practicly locks down... but I might be wrong

Rogue Player:
                Ok, I'll tell you what. I'll give you one gold for every door you open here in Undermountain.

Fighter Player: Hmmm..you got yourself a deal

DM: *grins*

*Actual happening in PnP D&D*

Comment

Working...
                X