Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Second Bloodmaim Wars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Bloodmaim Wars!

Warriors!

Leaders!

The Legion is taking volunteers from most goodly and neutral organizations with tactical leadership experience to command troops and militia in the current Bloodmaim Wars!

These commanders will control a set number of troops in each battle, and use them to their advantage in order to fight the Bloodmaim on contested ground. There will likely be a limit to how many commanders per battle, and bad guys are encouraged to take control of the Bloodmaim forces where applicable.

People below 10,000 rep or who are not part of a faction can join a squad. People above 10,000 rep can lead one that has more resources as the rank increases.

So, for instance:

Perry the Paladin signs up with 15,000 rep, and is given a mixed smattering of troops from the Second Legion and the Triumverate/Helmites for a total of 15 units (one unit per thousand rep). His buddy Harold the Helmite only has 8,000 rep though, so Perry allows him to join his squad at the cost of two of his knights who're shuttled off to another squad (Harold is level ten, so the likely translation will be one unit per five levels). Since Perry also has the leadership feat and a high charisma, his knights are given a buff or two from being inspired.

An announcement is made on the server that the Viridale will be having a battle on that Saturday, and that any commanders that wish to participate may sign up their squadrons. Perry signs up, along with Verinda the Veritas and Larry the Legionnaire. These three squads will face off against four squads of Bloodmaim, each with their own set groups of soldiers on a specific map.

The three commanders decide to combine Perry and Verinda's squads to attack the group at the furthest edge of the map at the front, while Larry flanks them from the side, etc.

The PC's won't be able to actually fight until they eliminate the squads, leaving 'Champions' for the boss fights. If the commanders win, they'll be awarded extra xp and gold for the victory.

I'll be running a skirmish on Tuesday 9 PM EST in the Sharahan, so any folks that want to join up, send me a PM. I'll only be taking so many commanders, so let me know!

Disclaimer: This is going to be a relatively untried system, but anyone who wants to test it out and fight some Bloodmaim, sign on up!

I also take no responsibility for humiliation and/ or defeat of PC's.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

It does indeed. Count me in.
      [COLOR=Black][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Landristin Ly[/B][/I][/COLOR][I][B][COLOR=Blue]onstongue[/COLOR][/B][/I]: Ancient, Child of Colibrus. Advisor of Colibrus, Emissary of Sestra, Magistrate of Sestra.

-[I]Not fond of morning walks on the beach.[/I]
      [/COLOR]

Comment

You know I'm there.

Comment

I'm in!
          Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

If I'm home on time (assuming class isn't canceled due to the heat) I have a medic that can join a squad (no commander material present in the vault )
            Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
            Cybil Gelley (Retired)
            Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

Maia will be there to lend her assistance. If the Legion can tolerate her woodland followers, she might lead an unit. If not, the Faerie Queen could grace an existing squad with her orc-slaying expertise.

I appreciate major server events being scheduled like this. Thanks.
              Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Ok! I'm closing the event on Tuesday with those who've signed up. Those who have, keep an eye out for a PM from me detailing how things will be run.

For those who want to participate, never fear! We'll likely do more of these than one.

Comment

I am interested for the next round!
                  Active Characters
                  Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                  Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                  Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                  Dorin Hammond- Scout
                  Seith Ronson- Master of War
                  "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                  Socrates
                  sigpic

Comment

We will be announcing all events leading up to the Second Sundering update through the news section. This is the first 'main event' so to speak, as other events related to it have already been happening for awhile.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Just saw that it was locked.. Dang.

Can we still join if we were one of the test subjects of the idea?
                      "Life is a game. The only thing that matters is whether you're a pawn or a player."

~Zvarich

Comment

Hopefully next time a window of more then a few hours will be open for sign ups for the people who can play during that time but sleep or are at work during the sign up window. I'll just have to catch the next one.
                        Tigen Amastacia: Died in events so you didn't have to.

Quintin Ulsteris: Nice-guy Legion engineer, deceased son of House Ulsteris.

Clandriel Cain: AKA "Fire-eyes" AKA "Demon hunter" AKA "OH MY GOD, WHY IS HE STILL STABBING ME!!??"

Comment

Remember, if you're not part of a faction or you are below the rank requirements, you can still join if you find a commander to take you!

Comment

The event is closed to commanders, I know. But can other PCs still join this event? I think there's a mild bit of confusion surrounding for whom the "closed" part applies.

Comment

I apologize, the event is closed to commanders. Any PC's who wish to join may do so, provided they make contact with a commander and join their squad.

Comment

Working...
                              X