Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April Update Coming Soon...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Update Coming Soon...

Well we're getting down to the wire here, there's still a lot of new things we're working on but the list of what we wanted finished in order to release the update is getting very slim. Just to give everyone a heads up, you can expect the new update to be out early next week at the latest. The majority of the update contains new dungeons, as well as major revisions on many areas, improving performance, ambience, walkmesh, and even small design changes.

Rest and Death have had significant mechanic changes which I will elaborate on further as we get closer to the release of the update.

On a side note, in the future we plan to release more smaller updates more frequently with new content and improvements, but this also means that people need to pay attention to version numbers very closely. If you are getting a module load error when going to certain areas 99.99% of the time this is due to your client pack being out of date... Please don't complain to us about this, it's up to you to download the updates . Every time you join the server you are notified of the latest client pack and the date it was released.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

^ super excited

*hopes crafting is in this update *
    Elorien - Wood Elf, Longbowman, Blackhawk Mercenaries
    Derun Veroc - Deep Gnome, Expert of the Shadow
    Talin Oremelter - Gold Dwarf, Craftsman / Merchant

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work and I do hope this obsession translates into a paycheck for many on the design team down the road.
      You guys put out a top-notch product.
      Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

sounds like a wicked update, cant wait.

Comment

I hope those hats are included!

Comment

I hope it is captured for chaos!!
            Last edited by InquisitorFury; 04-19-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Yes, we need new hats!

Anyways, I have nothing but praise for the dev team here, the areas we have currently are great, and the new ones will doubtless be just as good.

Comment

Sounds great Thanks for all your hard work
                Active Characters:
                Tassafina Lightleaf - A little sneaky but not as sneaky as Ithil

Silivren Anar
                Merka Gillina

Hideing outs:
                Alyssa Swiftwing - Priestess of Yondalla
                Ravenne Naur'Loki - Roar!

Comment

SOunds good. I hope I have some play time when this rolls out.
                  sigpic
                  How to Save $$ at Christmas

Fingal Haller - dwarven scout, locksmith and mercenary
                  Reuel - Human (absent-minded) Wizard
                  Rudash - Orc-blooded lad with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Coolio, new dungeons! Are blue items comin out?

Comment

I would also like Schazzwozzer's hats to be added, that tricorner pirate hat is way too sexy.
                      Vicho Stormson: "How dare you defy the supremacy of Talos! ... well I'll let you get away with it, this time."

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus Mursadus View Post
                        On a side note, in the future we plan to release more smaller updates more frequently with new content and improvements, but this also means that people need to pay attention to version numbers very closely. If you are getting a module load error when going to certain areas 99.99% of the time this is due to your client pack being out of date... Please don't complain to us about this, it's up to you to download the updates . Every time you join the server you are notified of the latest client pack and the date it was released.
                        Might I ask what your idea of "more frequently" is?

Reason I ask is if you plan on releasing updates at the rate of one a month it could start to get frustration.
                        You log in only to find you need to log out to do an update. I know it wouldn't take log but it could become a hassle and irritating to some degree. New content is always welcomed but it should come free of aggravation.

Then again, perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way. *shrugs*

Comment

Sundren is beta. The players don't determine our work schedule, the server is "as-is". The reason we have people on is to help us test as we develop. We just happen to be very user-friendly for a beta.
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Blark View Post
                            Might I ask what your idea of "more frequently" is?

Reason I ask is if you plan on releasing updates at the rate of one a month it could start to get frustration.
                            You log in only to find you need to log out to do an update. I know it wouldn't take log but it could become a hassle and irritating to some degree. New content is always welcomed but it should come free of aggravation.

Then again, perhaps I'm the only one that feels this way. *shrugs*
                            So your saying downloading an update and installing it which takes less than a few minutes *once a month* is a hassle? In order to have exciting new content and areas to explore? Wow... yeah you might just be the only one on that.
                            Player behind ~ Ohgmek

Comment

"New content is always welcomed but it should come free of aggravation."

Feel entitled much?

If you don't want the new content, then you won't be able to play whilst everyone else can. Sorry for the aggravation.

This thread may no longer have new content because I'm aggravated.
                              Mapper and Mad Kitten
                              Currently playing:
                              Lill Moonberry - Halfling Bard who knows the Hills are Alive with the Sound of angry goblins

Comment

Working...
                              X