Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update Notes - February 9, 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Notes - February 9, 2012

General Changes

- Fixes for rest damage have been implemented, further issues with rest will be monitored and corrected as required
    - Spell bugfixes
    - Walkmesh updates for several areas
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I have a question about rest and I probably do not understand it, thus maybe no problem.

This has happened with my mage and my cleric. I rest at the legion camp, a rest area. I buff and then go into mossdale. I fight for a period of time and then go ahead and try to use my once per server day rest outside of rest areas.

When I try, it cancels my rest and states that I cannot gain HP back and such and I do not gain any spells back and in fact, all the spells I still had up were there.

My question: Am I doing something wrong, did I interpret the rules the wrong way, or is the system broken in that area or all of Sundren. I tried this in Schild also and it didn't work.

By the way, thank for all the hard work!

Comment

As i get it, anytime you rest 2h timer kicks in .. doesnt matter where you rest. But if your 2h without rest you can full rest again
      Gimghair Ironwall - To strike an Ironwall is to strike an anvil. You are more likely to re-shape your weapon than to move him… and heavens forbid one lands on you

Comment

Also, I think the original 10 minute between rests rule is still in place. Did you rest too soon again after your camp visit?

Good mechanics clarification question though.

Comment

I think Valor is correct in his interpritaion.

Each rest starts your in-game day (2hr) timer, be it a rest within a rest area or a rest outside.

Attempting to rest within that timer results in the cancellation of the rest and no HP or spell regeneration.

Being at a rest site allows you to ignore the timer and rest as often as you like, but once you leave the rest area you're subject to the 2hr time from your last rest.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

To get the "double rest", be sure to prep your spells before logging out the night before. Then when you log back in you'll have all you spells good to go and one rest in the bank!
              Account Name: LuvHandles
              Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
              Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
              Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
              Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
              Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
              Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus
                Rest Changes

- Spells/Feats and Special Abilities will only reset once per ingame day outside of a rest zone (2 realtime hours)

- When you gain back your uses per day you will also gain full HP from the rest (as if you had fully rested in a rest zone)

- You will still gain back your level in HP as normal when resting outside of the daily rest, but survival skill now counts as a % bonus HP to your rested health

- Resting inside of a rest zone will restore full HP and uses per day regardless of the countdown.
                You can rest only once per 2 hours outside of a rest area.
                You can rest inside of a rest area at anytime, but doing so will reset the 2 hour clock.
                Cheers!

Comment

Having a rest area rest, plus an additional outside rest would be a bit ridiculous, giving an effective rest time limit of 1/2 day (1hr), meaning the character would effectively be spending 14 out of every 24 hours asleep!

Not to mention the extra scripting work involved in keeping two separate sleep-clocks going for inn room and camp fire sleep timers!
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

I was under the impression that you could still rest every 10 minutes outside a rest area. Doing so would only restore some HP (something like level + survival skill).

Comment

Originally posted by Chiangtao View Post
                      I was under the impression that you could still rest every 10 minutes outside a rest area. Doing so would only restore some HP (something like level + survival skill).
                      Yes this should still be functioning as normal (except survival gets a bigger HP boost now), but now you only gain back feats/spells per day when the full rest happens, which can only happen every 2 hours (1 IG day) outside of a rest zone.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                        Yes this should still be functioning as normal (except survival gets a bigger HP boost now), but now you only gain back feats/spells per day when the full rest happens, which can only happen every 2 hours (1 IG day) outside of a rest zone.
                        I tested this a few times and it does indeed appear to be working as intended now.
                        Ghal Narish, Battle-Mage
                        Faucon De'Ombre
                        , Triadic Knight

Ulriel Gabrieth, Devout of Lathander
                        Noril De'nor, Archer ...
                        Liem Ashcroft, Miner, Smith, and Weaponsmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                          meaning the character would effectively be spending 14 out of every 24 hours asleep!
                          Resting is an 8 hour function. If I depart a rest area at 0-hour and then execute a one rest during a 24 IG period (2 OOC hours) I am in fact resting 8 of 24 hours. This seems reasonable to me.
                          Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Aniril_Telin View Post
                            I tested this a few times and it does indeed appear to be working as intended now.
                            I just tried it with my melee toon and it did not work.
                            Cheers!

Comment

"It didn't work" doesn't provide much to go on to see bugs fixed.
                              Originally posted by Saulus
                              Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X