Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWN2 Expansion "Mask of the Betrayer" Announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN2 Expansion "Mask of the Betrayer" Announced!

Edit: Screenshots here http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=28391

Big news today from Obsidian as they announce the expansion for NWN2 which will be called "Neverwinter Nights ™ 2: Mask of the Betrayer"! The highlights of what it will include are a new campaign, epic levels, dozens of new feats and spells; new races, base classes and prestige classes; new companions; new weapons, armor and crafting options; hordes of new monsters; and enhanced modding tools. It's due for Fall 2007 and here's the official press release from Atari thanks to NWN2 Community Manager, Brandon Smith.
    Atari Announces
    Neverwinter Nights ™ 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    Expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2 Features Engrossing New Campaign;
    Epic Levels; New Companions and Much More
    NEW YORK – April 12, 2006 – Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the world’s most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced the development of the next chapter in the Neverwinter Nights saga – Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the expansion to the award-winning Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS? Forgotten Realms? universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro. Neverwinter Nights™ 2: Mask of the Betrayer will be available in North America in Fall 2007.
    In Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, players are transported back to the Forgotten Realms shortly after the events detailed in the original Neverwinter Nights 2. Following the climactic battle against the King of Shadows, the player awakens alone and stranded deep beneath the earth. Surrounded by a horde of evil spirits, the player embarks on an epic adventure that reveals his true destiny.
    “Atari’s commitment to the Neverwinter Nights franchise and the enormous community is strong,” said Nique Fajors, Vice President, Sales, Marketing, Atari, Inc. “We are on track to release the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion pack this Fall, less than one year since the launch of Obsidian’s outstanding sequel, and are confident the new features will deliver a role-playing experience that further engages and satisfies fans.”
    Set in harsh, spirit-rich Rashemen, near the powerful nation of Thay, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer will present players with an exciting new campaign; epic levels; dozens of new feats and spells; new races, base classes and prestige classes; new companions; new weapons, armor and crafting options; hordes of new monsters; and enhanced modding tools.
    “Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer’s engrossing campaign will conclude the storyline that began in the original Neverwinter Nights 2 and focus on combat, exploration and classic D&D dungeon-crawling,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment. “We’re also making new advances in story and character development as well as improving upon the acclaimed companion Influence System used in both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and Neverwinter Nights 2.”
    The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than three million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries and features one of the largest and most active fan communities in all of gaming. To date, fans of the franchise, which includes Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide™ Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark™ and Neverwinter Nights 2 have created more than 5,000 modifications to the original game using the award-winning toolset included with the full game that allows players to create their own universes, quests and storylines.
    Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is scheduled for release in Fall 2007. More information about Neverwinter Nights 2 can be found at www.nwn2.com, which includes user forums, project news, development updates and more.
    Source: NWVault
    Last edited by Saulus; 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

They're acutally.. gonna have an expansion... WOoo! New base classes as well as prestige too. Gonna be worth makin new chars to play..

Comment

I'm hoping they will add Red Wizards seeing as Thay is very close to Rashemen.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

ooh, i hope we get our old companions back.

Comment

epic leves....sweet....maybe that master of many forms will make it in there....and the mystic theurge! I was all excited about spring and summer.....now.....not so much

Comment

Very nice, very exciting.

Random question: If/When Sundren upgrades, will people get their characters 'reset'? (Set back to level 1, given enough XP to reach their previous exp level.) to allow people to use anything new it introduces?

Comment

I wouldn't know, what I do hope it will fix ALOT of issues next to the new content. New content is all fun and game but I won't like it when rogues still cant stealth, spells are bugged and crashing issues are unsolved. Personally I think they need to make this game more solid to make it much greater then it allready is.
              Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

*crosses fingers for Archmage*
                Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

I just want them to fix network and PW issues. I don't see the need for endless new 'prestige' classes and such when so much in the latest version is bugged or just doesn't work correctly.

I'd gladly pay $20 to have the dang game work right!
                  ----------------------
                  Earl Montblanc

Comment

Originally posted by GDwarf View Post
                    Very nice, very exciting.

Random question: If/When Sundren upgrades, will people get their characters 'reset'? (Set back to level 1, given enough XP to reach their previous exp level.) to allow people to use anything new it introduces?
                    A blanket reset is unlikely, though we might allow this on a case-by-case basis if valid reasons exist.

Comment

think they should fix the bugs before they get an expansion out which will probably add more bugs

Comment

heh, i don;'t think it would be cool with people getting all new levels. "Hey, i was a fighter before, now i've lost all my fighting skills and im suddenly casting level 9 spells."

Really won't make sense, i'd think using your epic levels to multiclass would be better.

Comment

To those of you saying they should fix what they have now before adding anything, they are.

It's not like making an expansion pack somehow stops them from making patches.

As for doing a reset, I wasn't thinking that people should switch classes (well, maybe PrCs) rather, I was thinking about casters learning new spells, or people taking new spells/feats that better fit their character.

Comment

*votes for character reset, even if on case by case basis*

Hadrian Shaderunner
                            - Everyone's favorite Tiefling Trickster

Kaa - Chaotic Fighter Mage, Blackhawk Mercenaries

Comment

Hehehe, i know.. Epic levels make you too powerful O_o.

Comment

Working...
                              X