Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update April 12th, 2007 - Large Loot Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update April 12th, 2007 - Large Loot Changes

Most of this update is behind the scenes, but it allows for loot changes to be more streamlined which will be noticed in some ways noted below. We will be monitoring the results of these changes.

* In general, all Creatures have had an increase to their magic item drop rates as a result of the conversion to the new method that is level dependant for drop rates of magic items on generic creatures.

* More Item types and properties added to the random item generator. Armors, Boots, more bow properties, etc.

* Spittlefist Chieftain was the first to use the streamlined loot table system. As such he will now generate "Boss Loot" or much better drop rates on coins and magic items and such. As such, his respawn timer has been changed to a longer delay. Players will find it a rewarding process to do the caves in their entirety, but camping the "Boss" will not be an option.

* Some creatures have been moved to the new loot system, many more to go. For example, clerics of bane will not drop super scrolls anymore, but some goblins will. Much work to do on this and balancing to monitor.

* Razor Beetles have been changed from "Animals" to "Beasts". So they will now generate loot. We have made it so animals do not generate loot. That way people don't slaughter Euni's bunnies and get rich

yeah! Finally, I can stop losing money in healing because the beetles never drop anything!
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

cool, its nice to know beetles will drop.. now i can afford some healing supplies.

Comment

Very nice. Good stuff to hear

~ Alaric, Humble servant to the God of Guardians.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
          yeah! Finally, I can stop losing money in healing because the beetles never drop anything!
          Hey, you could always bring a pure fighter with ya and you will have no problems there

Comment

I am a pure fighter.....
            Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :
            If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

hmm....

Comment

granted, my damage isn't the best, since I'm a dex fighter.....
                Characters:

[DM] Poltergeist :

Comment

But, can I still slaughter the bunnies if I want to?
                  *devilish laughter*
                  Elorien - Wood Elf, Longbowman, Blackhawk Mercenaries
                  Derun Veroc - Deep Gnome, Expert of the Shadow
                  Talin Oremelter - Gold Dwarf, Craftsman / Merchant

Comment

Working...
                  X