Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Neverwinter Nights Title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
    go with Pathfinder.
    Oh yes, please this. I would love to see Pathfinder made into a game.
    Originally posted by Satoshi
    Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I demand it be made with the Unreal engine.

[/pointless controversy]
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

And ridable horses.

Comment

Originally posted by roguethree View Post
          And ridable horses.
          Poor paladin.
          Originally posted by Satoshi
          Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1

Comment

You guys may want to give this a read:
            http://www.massively.com/2010/08/23/...rwinter-and-a/
            Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Very interesting. Good find, Zoberraz.
              The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
              and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

This interview gives me the feeling this will play exactly like an MMO.
                Raman Aseph - Runescarred Berserker
                http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Raman_Aseph

Comment

The barbarian looking thing shouldn't say:
                  "My steel, Unbendable. My will, Unbreakable."

It should say:
                  "My steel, Unbendable. My will, Fragile."

There's my 2 cents on the subject.
                  My to-be toon:
                  Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
                  Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
                  Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
                  Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

It almost sounds like the game play of Guild Wars. I'm disappointed so far.
                    Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

judging by the quotes for each one, its cleric, warlock, fighter, rogue, ranger

Comment

Actually, that's Cleric, Wizard, Fighter, Rogue and Ranger.

On the article I linked earlier... at least Jack Emmert fesses up on past missteps. Does this bode well for the future?

I wish, but cynicism urges me not to think so. Once burned, twice shy.

Darn, I'm really hoping they actually get to have a decent investment in this game so that they'll be able to have a credible development team to work around with this. I'm not sure how long they've been in the production stage, but the new Neverwinter Nights being released even at the end of 2011 means less than a year-and-a-half of development time - and that's what Star Trek Online got.

To be bluntly honest, I don't think Star Trek Online is lame. It's just very barebones... and its Dev team have made a lot of fixes and innovations in the past 6 months that at least looks promising. When the game reaches 2 to 2.5 years old (meaning a total development time of 4 years) I've seen enough to indicate that if STO survives this long it'll be able to stand pretty solidly with its genre-competitors at the current pace of updates/overhauls.

Neverwinter, though, won't have as much of that luxury, and Emmert is right to be wary of not launching something that's low quality. The limited amount of races and classes in themselves is not altogether too different from the current marketing scheme WotC has with the Essential products, so, I'm not surprised by the approach either.

Ugh. But I'm still going to rag about the brandname and the choice to stay in the FR setting. What a way to latch to the lower denominator. Couldn't they have based themselves off the Mark of Nerath book chain itself? *headdesk* With the currently released modules within the Nentir Vale, several locales have already been fleshed out. Hammerfast was further fleshed out, even. The Mark of Nerath novel did the same. The Nentir Vale's gazeteer will only add to that.

Ergh. It just feels dumb, in my eyes, not to take advantage of it. If Cryptic is going to make Neverwinter different from NWN1/2... the different title will help them excuse that, even. It will also allow Cryptic to launch a brandname of their own which will pay them far, far more dividend in the future if this actually works (it might even draw computer gamers unfamiliar with D&D to tabletop)... because if the game doesn't work out after all, the familiarity of the Neverwinter brand will not help them sufficiently enough.

Yeah, bold statements on my part, but they're tied to my reason why I'd be moved to buy Neverwinter: because it's a multiplayer D&D game. I bought Neverwinter Nights because it was a D&D game with a workable toolset. The same with Neverwinter Nights 2. The security and familiarity of the brandname might actually be more an impediment to them than anything else.
                        Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

The dude said they didn't know if their toolset would be usable on the fly like Aurora. That means no, it won't. Fail. All you had to do was make Neverwinter 2.5: update the graphics, fix the bugs, add some feats from the supplements, add mounted combat, and pack in a toolset with loads of customization. But no. You're making World of Dungeons & Dragons.

Comment

The vibe I get from this new offering is already giving me a slight sense of boredom.

4th Edition is D&D Lite...the artwork has gotten a little better, but the writing and content is simplistic compared to previous rulesets.

I read the "Lords of Madness" sourcebook from 3.5 and is was an engaging and slightly scary romp thru monsterland. Somewhat like a good Stephen King or Lovecraft short story. The same was not true of my read of the 4th edition "Open Grave"; which practically denies its own sense of realism, and is more comperable to a Nancy Drew novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoberraz View Post
                              Actually, that's Cleric, Wizard, Fighter, Rogue and Ranger.
                              I believe they actually called Wizards 'Magic-Users'....
                              Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
                              "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                                I believe they actually called Wizards 'Magic-Users'....
                                I believe 'magic users' are actually called wizards
                                Oh god if they make this anything like WoW........
                                Attached Files
                                Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

Working...
                                X