Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update 4/27/10: Donation Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 4/27/10: Donation Boxes

Donation boxes have been added for each faction. The amount of reputation you gain will vary pending on the amount you can donate in one lump sum: the more you can donate, the better gain ratio you'll get.

Note that there is a limit to the amount of reputation you can get from donations. Money can show your investment and devotion, but not leadership. It is possible to donate to factions which you don't belong to, but it will count against your total donation amount. And yes, you can donate even after you've reached your max amount (but you'll be warned that no reputation gain will occur).

Also, three new quests have been added to Sundren for newbie levels. Their aim is to give rogues and wizards some help at early leveling -- something they often struggle with in comparison to melee and divine classes at newbie levels.

Explore the world to find them! Remember -- cyan-colored names indicate general quest givers.

(I believe the fix for the coffins and totems is in by now. If not, they will be usable next update.)
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

The fixes for both are indeed in the game. Checked two nights back, and they both work great.

Comment

*BUMP*

Donation boxes are in for factions. One more tool for gaining reputation. Details above.
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

Will donations have an effect on things besides your rep? Will DM's have a running tally of how much total gold a faction has now, and take that into account for...stuff? Like maybe adding statues or better arming the NPC's or whatnot? Maybe giving better items as DM quest rewards since they can now afford it?
        James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Not yet, but at some point, yes. We'd like to implement financials for each faction and track them as degrading stats, among other stats. But for now, no. For now, it just gives you reputation points, which allows you to buy better faction items.
          -Bill Maher

Comment

None of my hippies have been able to find a donation box in either the Glade, Ranger's Rest, or the Temple of Umberlee.

Comment

Check the ranger hall. (probably better to put that sort of thing in character requests )
              -Bill Maher

Comment

Sorry. No one other Warden I asked could find it either, so I thought it might be better to ask publicly so they could also find out, if one existed. I don't know how I missed that though, I check the store often enough! Thanks!

Comment

No worries -- I just don't like cluttering the news.
                  -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                  X