Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Tutorial

http://sundren.org/guide/player.html

I've been putting this together for a couple weeks now. This guide is to showcase the features of Sundren that set it apart from all the other servers. Additionally, it introduces new players to Sundren history and lore. We'll be integrating this into the new site, but I wanted to put this to use for our new players.

Special thanks to Cornuto, Verrath, and the others who contributed screen shots.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Neato. Now I just want to know where some of these places are.
    "For here, apart, dwells one whose hands have wrought/ Strange eidola that chill the world with fear:
    Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught/ What things beyond the star gulfs lurk and leer.
    Dark Lord of Averoigne- whose windows stare/ On pits of dream no other gaze could bare!"

-H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

wow! Quite extensive I must say. Bravo to those that put it together. Paints a very accurate picture I think. Reads like an official source book. Highly recommend a look for any interested in sundren, both new and old.

Comment

Looks fantastic, great images, (I want that golden shield in the middle!!) has shown me that there is much i have yet to see on this server
        BTW, what was the interface (tool) you used to put it together?
        great work
        Bren Shieldbane, Fist of Clangeddin (Dwarven Defender)
        Theoviticus, Noble Hero
        Brod, He's just Brod
        Je'Sira, Monk of the Shining Hand
        gcjohnson

Comment

Articulate
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

It looks amazing.

Comment

Only thought, now that I have had a bit to digest, it is a little peaceful and dreamy. It has the feel of flipping through a source book by the firelight of a tavern with a minstrel idly strumming in the background. Which for many is an ideal way to read a source book. So this in and of it self is NOT a bad thing. But I wonder...

Is there any way to add video clips perhaps using the nwn2 video generator to make a short kickass "army recruitment style" cut scene. I know it is base and contrived but I see this has a high potential to "sell" sundren to a new user. Lets face it those army ads are damn catchy.

You know what else sells? SEX. Where are the sexy "ladies only" armor images... I am guessing they are in there but I certainly missed them.

Long and short I guess is - some action to get the blood pumping would go a long way to make this "sell."

This is just my critic, I know how much work goes into a dynamic content piece like this. I offer my thoughts purely as constructive criticism.

Comment

Does fraps work with NWN2?

Sex sells - ask all the people who make a fortune out of selling illegal immigrants into forced prostitution.

OK... That's a little over the top - But trying to advertise Sundren by going "Hey kids! Look! Polygonal tits!" really would do nothing at all for the server. I play and DM on Sundren because it DOESN'T do stuff like that, advertising to the sweaty-palmed crowd fills me with fear.

If a high action bit is added in then I suggest the action scores from The Rock or Gladiator (it's the same music, just slightly tweaked).
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by gbbishop View Post
                  Is there any way to add video clips perhaps using the nwn2 video generator to make a short kickass "army recruitment style" cut scene. I know it is base and contrived but I see this has a high potential to "sell" sundren to a new user. Lets face it those army ads are damn catchy.
                  I considered adding video, but there were two problems. One, it's hard to get in-game video without in-game character selection circles appearing. Those ruin the screenshots and videos for me.

The other big problem is the time sync involved with getting a perfect video shot. If someone else wants to develop something like that, go for it. It takes too much time and coordination for me though -- it was hard enough for me to gather a collection of screen shots!

You know what else sells? SEX. Where are the sexy "ladies only" armor images... I am guessing they are in there but I certainly missed them.
                  I absolutely hate these. I've always thought it was pretty adolescent that female armor in 95% of the games winds up looking like something from a Fredricks of Hollywood catalog. That's what happens when you have young, sex-starved males for model designers I guess. Rumor has it that Tomb Raider became a woman just because the game designers wanted a good-looking ass to stare at while testing.
                  -Bill Maher

Comment

Is that music for the slide-show from Heroes of Might and Magic five, btw? Sounds super-duper familiar. And I love that track.

It reminds me of bald guys with over sized hammers fighting off pit fiends.
                    Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Bingo.
                      -Bill Maher

Comment

Okay my comment about the nudie armors was sort of a joke, sex does sell after all.

I will admit I was taken a back when I put a set of "female only" on my hin character.. was not sure how the few plates that were there could prevent any sort of harm... that and she is child sized so I wasn't sure what to think about that... almost asked a DM for a refund as it did look rediculous. Eventually I just owned up to it and ditzed it out a bit.

I'm all for inserting some element of realism into fantasy gaming but it is FANTASY after all. Personally I prefer looking at Lara Crofts pixles vs Larry Crofts pixles. Lets face it Fantasy art has been and will forever be rife with buxom bosoms in chain-kinis. Hells Brom does it and that guy rocks.

'sides if you wanna address realism I suggest looking at the size of the "spears" some folk are walkin around with these days.. yeah kaizen I am talkin about you...

Back to topic. If NWN2 worked on the osx platform I might be able to help with some video but I cannot even begin to contemplate trying to work video medium in vista... *shudders*

Anyway I posted my thoughts, perhaps someone else has the skills to put together a "trailer/ CG scene" would be a fine addition to an already kick as presentation.

Comment

Booya, thats right, first screen shot :P
                          My to-be toon:
                          Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
                          Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
                          Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
                          Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Looks & Sounds fantastic! cant help thinking there is a custom class or two missing.. perhaps its just me.
                            Originally posted by roguethree
                            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

They aren't all captured.
                              -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                              X