Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest: Faction Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest: Faction Icons

Hi folks! For those of you who are artistically-inclined, Sundren needs some faction icons drawn up. These icons are used on our Wiki, but also in-game in the reputation UI.

For reference:
    http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php/Factions

Here are the factions that are missing icons:
    • Slitherscale (non-player)
    • Moth Oira (Sharites, shadar-kai; non-player)
    • Shekinessi (naga; non-player)
    • Arbiters' Alliance
    • Corps de Grace
    • Children of Colibrus
    • Blackwood Company
    • Kurz Cartel
    • Sundarian Legion
    • Hands of Mundus
    • Wardens of the Vale
    • Servants of the Circle
    • Nature's Vanguard
    • Wrath of Nature
    Winners will receive 2,500 XP per picture. Those with multiple winning pictures will also be considered for more prizes (TBD)! Please submit your icons to me via PM by the end of March 2010.

Thanks--happy drawing!
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Submissions should be in BMP OR PSD (preferred) format, 250 X 250 px in size
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Quick question, those's of us that are "Not artist inclind", which im sure someone will summit. Will they be taken out of the winnings?
      Currents:
      Nothing yet.

Forgottens, as time has slip, so have they.
      Varnz Fury - Born again Druid
      Luke Harper - Seadog of the Sea.

Comment

What is the target icon size?

Comment

PL did specify, 250 x 250 pixels. Artistic talent aside, the winners will be the pictures which fit the requirements to our standards, it doesn't necessarily have to be beautifully drawn by hand.
          Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Ah, I didn't see the follow up. All right.

Comment

[Blackwood Company]

I don't know the Blackwood Company colours though, and couldn't find info on the wiki, so yellow and blue are just indicative.

I'd pass the psd file, but it's 200 kb zipped.

Comment

Blackwood company colors are black, gray, and white.

Comment

Slitherscale Concept

Afraid the quality got a little borked in the conversion to bmp, though.

Comment

Kajae, any way to get it in PSD or possibly PNG for transparent background? Just in case because that shadowing would be hard for me to cut out.

Also Raven, your icon is great but could you tweak the colours a bit based on GBX's feedback?

Thanks guys! Looking great so far (honestly I'm surprised).
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
                      Also Raven, your icon is great but could you tweak the colours a bit based on GBX's feedback?
                      Nice one Kajae. Hand drawn?

Done already, I'm waiting to draw a few more icons before I put em up here.

Comment

I dont draw anything, I simply Recolor and fix up images to make them look pretty. Alot things are copy and paste but i took quite abit time with the servants of the circle, as far fixing and coloring the pixles >.> which was annonying.

Coup De Grace

Childern of Colibrus

Siltherscales

Nature's VanGuards

This one i really like, think i might get a tattoo of it after seeing it.
                        Servants of the circle
                        Currents:
                        Nothing yet.

Comment

That Corps De Grace one could work well for Blackwood as well.
                          Originally posted by Saulus
                          Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

I didnt see any wiki history on BlackWood but if it seem more fitted, then put it toward that perhaps. Which ever the better suited for the picture i guess.

Also i like keep pictures close together. Probly the last you'll see of mine up here.

Another posible Coup De Grace icon i like...

as well Coribrus which is more blunt
                            Currents:
                            Nothing yet.

Comment

Maybe use the first without Saint Mark's lion saying "peace to you, Mark, my evangelist" :P

Comment

Working...
                              X