Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help the People of Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the People of Haiti

I wanted to use the leverage of our gaming community to help the people recovering from the earthquake in Haiti. I know it's on the front page of every newspaper, but it's an awful, awful situation. They estimate there are 50,000 dead--and more could die without shelter, water, or proper medical attention.

The Boston Globe always posts excellent photo galleries. This one from Haiti really captures the horror they are currently experiencing:
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...urs_later.html

If you have anything to give, I urge you to help out. Anything and everything helps. I've placed some links here for reputable organizations going there to help. If you donate, you can send me a screen shot of your confirmation so I can express my gratitude.

Thanks everyone--
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Come on folks...Even a dollar will help!!

Comment

I've gotten some replies on this but haven't posted them here. Thanks everyone for your charity.
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

I have given via the Red Cross (on top on the £20 a month I donate anyway) but I have to say that I am starting to regret being such a top donater because aside from the corperations keeping a vast amount of the cash (remember the Tsunami?) I really dont feel that such an ugly and lawless people deserve our help.

You look at the crime rates over there before the earthquake and they made central london look like Arvandor!

*edit* Im not being heartless because Im still donating, but the fact remains that most of these people are ungodly murderers. I donated to try and help all the good people over there! I doubt my contribution will help but a little bit of me hopes it will...
        Originally posted by roguethree
        If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
          most of these people are ungodly murderers
          Might be a little hyperbole there, but thanks for your donation man, I do appreciate it!
          -Bill Maher

Comment

Thief, do you know any Haitians? I do, and the ones I know are pretty fuckin amazing. If you inform your opinions based on what someone else tells you (in this case I believe you get your info from the media and the US or French govs, none of which have the best interests of the Haitians in mind, I don't think the abuse and neglect is limited to the Haitians either.) you run a solid risk of sounding heartless. The greater tragedy is that you perpetuate negative energy and still others are likely to use your misinformation further.

I just wonder how long it would take a city like London or New York to destroy itself if it were left with out food and shelter... In my estimation and I think it might be conservative... 36 hours.

Just more than disappointed to hear this kind of stuff. Sorry to go off topic.

Comment

Donated via Save the Children.
              Hyrd - your favourite dumb Barbarian
              Kastan Finner- the Fallen
              Askeron-Necromantic lover

Comment

Originally posted by gbbishop View Post
                ... I believe you get your info from the media and the US or French govs, none of which have the best interests of the Haitians in mind...
                The U.S. is donating money, troops, support and aid at a time when our own economic problems are substantial. Our president personally made a large cash donation from his own pocket. Our media has made constant calls to U.S. citizens to lend aid, and has reported on the event as a tragedy.

What exactly are you attacking the U.S. over?
                ~~~ || Characters: Pythios Wyrmborn || ~~~

Comment

wow i... wow. I am at a loss... and a bit sick.

Comment

Let's not let this spiral out of control please! It's very easy to get worked up about this. Let's focus on the good efforts of our Sundren community and nothing more.

Thank you again to everyone who donated so far.
                    -Bill Maher

Comment

I agree PL, apologies for any offense I may have caused. I do have hope for the world and yes, every little thing someone does to help does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by gbbishop View Post
                        Thief, do you know any Haitians? I do, and the ones I know are pretty fuckin amazing. If you inform your opinions based on what someone else tells you (in this case I believe you get your info from the media and the US or French govs, none of which have the best interests of the Haitians in mind, I don't think the abuse and neglect is limited to the Haitians either.) you run a solid risk of sounding heartless. The greater tragedy is that you perpetuate negative energy and still others are likely to use your misinformation further.

I just wonder how long it would take a city like London or New York to destroy itself if it were left with out food and shelter... In my estimation and I think it might be conservative... 36 hours.

Just more than disappointed to hear this kind of stuff. Sorry to go off topic.
                        here, here
                        Thain

Astin

Dergil

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Lamb View Post
                          Might be a little hyperbole there, but thanks for your donation man, I do appreciate it!
                          I apologise. Perhaps my exergeration was a bit Ott (okay a lot over the top).

Besides the donating stops me from overeating myself into oblivion as most of us in the west consume far more resources than we need to! Love doesnt come from the stomach after all
                          Originally posted by roguethree
                          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                          X