Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contest: Wardens of the Vale Faction Rank Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest: Wardens of the Vale Faction Rank Names

Think of the military. As you move up in the hierarchy, you achieve a new title. This title gives you more power, prestige, and priviledge than you had with your previous title.

Each of the factions at Sundren operates this way. As you gain more reputation within your faction, you can achieve higher ranks. These ranks give you access to better shops and can even garnish you authority over other characters.

We want to customize these factions as much as possible. We need your help with creativity! The Wardens of the Vale are near completion. They have five subfactions:
    • The Druid Glade
    • Nature's Wrath
    • The Ranger Outpost
    • The Aurilites
    • The Umberlians
    Each of these subfactions needs a set of rank names. More organized factions might have several titles to achieve; less organized, less titles. Each subfaction should have no fewer than three possible player ranks, and no more than ten. Please take the nature of the subfaction into consideration in your submissions.

You can submit ranks for one subfaction or four lists for all four. Pending on the number of submissions, we will aim for making a decision by mid-November. Send your submissions to Phantom Lamb and/or Uri.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Well, I think I got some ranks for the Ranger Outpost:
    1) Woodsman
    2) Hunter
    3) Stalker

On an unrelated note though, I thought the subfactions were the Nature's Wrath and the Aurilites? Daelus just joined the Wardens today as a part of the NW...
    Daelus Bloodmoon (a.k.a. "Thistlegrasper") - Ranger, untrusting and sarcastic ne'er-do-well, and overall jerk.

Dae's theme (For now at least): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNh9f2Wwm0

Comment

Wow. I didn't know there were that many sub factions of the glade. I have to re-think Lasala. Oh and updated the wiki showing that the factions exist. I'll add to it when i find out what they do.

Nature's Wrath.

Guardian
      Avenger
      Slayer
      Nature's Justicar
      Nature's Vengence

The last two would be "officer" ranks...as much as they'd likely have officers
      Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
      Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
      -General George S. Patton

Comment

Folks, submit your rank suggestions to us via private message. Thanks--
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Druid Glade

(1) Treehugger
          (2) Smelly Hippy
          (3) Paganistic Dirt Worshipper
          (4) Al Gore
          I got one leg missin'
          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Pure win. ^
            Characters:
            Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
            Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
            If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

The question is, is that epic win?
              Lasala'ariira-A Woman Scorned.
              Chara Smith-Bio Here

Meram- Yes she's a shifty Hin, but she's still not going to pickpocket, daylight robbery is much more profitable.
              "The object of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
              -General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by EndsBeginning View Post
                Nature's Wrath.

Guardian
                Avenger
                Slayer
                Nature's Justicar
                Nature's Vengence
                Perhaps would be better to think of something else, since Guardian already exits in Exigo and Avenger in the Blades
                "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
                  Druid Glade

(1) Treehugger
                  (2) Smelly Hippy
                  (3) Paganistic Dirt Worshipper
                  (4) Al Gore
                  Nice try, but the answer clearly is...

1. Tiger
                  2. Bobcat
                  3. Wolf
                  4. Bear
                  5. Webelo

or ...

1. Joeys
                  2. Cubs
                  3. Scouts
                  4. Venturers
                  5. Rovers

in your backward toilet draining country.
                  Last edited by Cornuto; 10-29-2009, 06:57 PM.
                  Originally posted by Saulus
                  Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

No No No!

Nature's Wrath ranks are clearly:

Protester
                    Tree house Resident
                    Tree Chainer
                    Gas tank sweetener
                    Monkey Wrencher
                    Tree Spiker

Comment

Alright alright, enough with the jokes about hippies. Don't make me close this thread ><
                      -Bill Maher

Comment

Um, yeah... that would be my bad. Sorry, can't always help myself
                        I got one leg missin'
                        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                        Meet the Feebles

Comment

well it is hard to think up ranks for factions we know nothing about.

I just checked the wiki and the only subfaction of WotV that has any discription is nature's wrath.... some I can use my imagination.. but the Umberlians? Is that a bunch of Umberhulks with weapon focus umbrella? or is that Umberlee like the deity.. if so why is she warding the vale?

and to be clear there are FIVE subfactions not FOUR... right?

Comment

Keep the submissions coming in folks!
                            Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

And the winners are...

Captain Caveman
                              Gbbishop
                              Zoberaz

Thanks to everyone for your submissions. We found good lists for everything except Nature's Wrath (largely because we're still organizing the lore for that group as it is).

Each winner receives 1000 rep points in the Wardens of the Vale faction for a character of their choice. Additionally, the same character will receive a signus. Please seek out a DM in-game to redeem these rewards.
                              -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
                              X