Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Notes (Sundren v0.93)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Notes (Sundren v0.93)

Epic Feats
    Most epic feats are back in the game, though some are scheduled for modification.

The following are still not available:
    Epic spells
    Song of Requiem
    Hymn of Requiem

Eldritch Mastery and Epic Barbarian Rage will - for balance reasons - be changed at a later date

Level Cap Changes
    The level cap has been loosened, and modified to allow lower levels to raise their caps more quickly. The current implementation will be 'done' for now, though it may be tweaked still at a later point.

You can see your data (time played, level cap and time until next level cap increase) by using the PCStats option on your Player UI.

Server settings
    CR Ratings are disabled for PCs/NPCs
    Effect lists on examine are disabled for PCs/NPCs
    HP/Spells will persist through relog

Subfactions Now Active
    Membership of subfactions can now be obtained through DMs. Which subfactions currently exist can be found within your reputation screen, accessed from the Player UI.

New Cleric Domain
    Suffering
    Clerics who take the Suffering domain gain access to an improved list of bonus spells.
    Domain Special Ability and Bonus Spells
    - The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: Bane (1), Bestow Curse (3), Enervation (4), Feeblemind (5), Harm (6), Horrid Wilting (9).

Deities Talona, Jergal, Kossuth, Loviatar and Yurtrus have been updated to allow this domain

Rebuke Undead
    Evil Clerics can now rebuke undead instead of destroying them. This will create a dominate effect.

New Deity
    Myrkul has been added as a player-choosable deity. He comes with the domains Death, Evil, Suffering and Undeath

More Soundsets
    On character creation, several additional soundsets have been enabled to choose from to personalize your character. Ever wanted your dwarf to sound like Khelgar? Or give your gnome the voice to actually sound like one as Chir Darkflame or Grobnar? Perhaps your battle-hungry half orc would sound well with Ribsmasher's grunts and screams? Here's your chance!

DM UI
    DMs have received a new, easily expandable UI that works much like the player UI.
    - Set a PC's faction using the new faction UI
    - Get a PC's faction information
    - Toggle the DM popup screen
    - Functions to toggle groups of NPCs hostile/friendly simultaneously. First target an NPC and tag them to be affected, then use the hostile toggle button on one of them to switch factions of nearby tagged NPCs. Be aware that you still need to clear combat actions manually.
    - The players' dice roller to roll custom skills with. Note that this is more of a placeholder than anything, it does exactly the same as the one on the player UI does
    - The player UI's follow command

Sundren City Update
    - Sundren city has been overhauled thanks to Maevan... superb work Maevan!

Bug Fixes
    - Flee the Scene should now work as Dimension Door again, instead of the default NWN2 implementation
    - Enchanting should now work and no longer give errors indicating you need to be near a magician's workbench
    - Some existing crafting recipes should be fixed also. Although using a spellcasting assistant might not.
    - Mossdale spawns should now have their drop tables enabled. Previously the default ones were used

For those wondering "Why has Myrkul become a choosable deity when he is a dead god". Myrkul is not entirely dead on Sundren and has a presence, however small.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

On behalf of all the player and DMs I'd like to say first WOW, and then thank you guys for all your hard work. Integrating the dozens of new capabilities since the 1.23 patch so quickly and seamlessly after release is one of the things that places Sundren above the rest, and keeps us all begging for more. Every day Sundren becomes a more rounded, enjoyable and overall unique server.

The new look for Sundren city is awesome, kudos to Maevan for yet more excellent work!

We salute you!
      Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
        For those wondering "Why has Myrkul become a choosable deity when he is a dead god". Myrkul is not entirely dead on Sundren and has a presence, however small.
        I'd have to go over some old books, but although he was 'dead' in the conventional sense for a diety, I remember hearing that Myrkuls spirit was infused into a few of his artifacts across the realms, and he was able to spread his influence from the location near the artifact. It would be a neat take if that was the case for Sundren, where a neferous item has recently come into the territory and has been the source of Myrkuls granted powers.

One Item I know of, the crown of Horns was last seen in Skullport.... **Edit** Books aside, I found a reference online about this crown. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Horns

Comment

That might explain some recent events.... * cough * err... you know, like the ah.... ummm.... Bloodmaim acting up, yeah, or the Cartel being pricks, or the lizards getting their butts kicked. * cough * right... so... I got some swampland in Florida, anyone interested?
          Bree - Bookkeeper and diplomat of Exigo.

Becky Dragonhin - Sword of the Loyal Fury, Knight of the Triad... the only Good hin in Sundren???
          Cybil Gelley (Retired)
          Perry Turnipfodder - aspiring talent, happy chronicler.

Comment

*thinks for a moment, connecting the dots* Aw Shi-... Well then, consider that last post Extreme OOC.

Word of advice: One must not post until 1d3 coffees have been consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by Urithrand View Post
              On behalf of all the player and DMs I'd like to say first WOW, and then thank you guys for all your hard work. Integrating the dozens of new capabilities since the 1.23 patch so quickly and seamlessly after release is one of the things that places Sundren above the rest, and keeps us all begging for more. Every day Sundren becomes a more rounded, enjoyable and overall unique server.

The new look for Sundren city is awesome, kudos to Maevan for yet more excellent work!

We salute you!
              I agree totally!
              Calandra Gleamblade

Comment

ummm no offense Kael...but Myrkul is like...dead...Kelemvor took over his Portfolio

Comment

Are the ranks for the Factions going to be implemented again?

It just says "None" under rank for Corvus.

And WOW. The new look for Sundren City is great. Thanks go out again to the staff. Great work.
                  sigpic
                  Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard89 View Post
                    ummm no offense Kael...but Myrkul is like...dead...Kelemvor took over his Portfolio
                    I mandated that change, and fudge Kelemvor.

Myrkul is not fully dead.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Bane died twice, didnt stop him!

Some nice additions there
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

if gods can be said to be ALIVE in the first place... they are not mortal. alive and dead are mortal states... who says they CAN die? other gods? if so maybe its just to try and fool us mortals.

kudos to saulus for keeping us on our toes!

i always felt that gods WERE because of their consituants... there has to be something that grants powers sure... but in this case soul fragments scatterd through out the world is more than enough to suffice for me.

all of this knowlege is strickly OOC. that said orlin along with cir vanessa and a few others had a most disturbing encounter in nicropolis... thanks to gbx. perhaps this has something to do with that????

Comment

Time of Troubles ring a bell gbbishop?

One thing Ive noticed is that I dont get the santuary after respawning now. Caused rather a scene today when I respawned as Falmari (into the veritas stronghold which is hostile for me since I trash talked the commander) and I died AGAIN but I wasnt recieving the Sanctuary effect Ive come to rely on to get me out of there. I know its my fault for pissing the boss off, but it seems a little harsh to die again and again because I cant get out of spawn
                          Originally posted by roguethree
                          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Maybe you should apologize to him! Or maybe have a DM take away your status as a Veritas so you will not respawn there.
                            sigpic
                            Corvus Corax - Tracker, Scout, Spy, and finder of lost shadows

Comment

Really looking forward to getting back and seeing all these new changes in action.

Been a bit busy lately, not every day you see your son born and then bury his grandfather in the afternoon.

I see a lot of these changes are stuff that came with the 1.23 patch. Does this mean we are patching NWN2 and also Sundren?

Sorry if this is common knoledge I haven't really been on in the last week.
                              If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
                              Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Working...
                              X