Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sundren Going High-Speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundren Going High-Speed!

After due consideration of Sundren's current growth I have decided it was time to make the leap and go dedicated with a proper hosted server in a datacentre.

Though this budget comes at my personal expense it is because of the exhaustive work of the volunteers that make up the dev staff, and the DM team... and the desire to give back to the players who have tried to make everyone's time while playing just a little bit better.

With this new server we will also begin hosting a new Sundren IRC network which I hope to expand to encompass not just Sundren but NWN2 in general for visitors to the website. Teamspeak will also return for players who wish to use it. The current server will then become an additional testbed and backup of the Sundren world so we are able to test world-bridging.

The Sundren staff will continue to produce content and expand our world, and as always we will rely on the Sundren community to help out. The monthly costs will never be paid for with donations, however that is not to say that donations of even as much as $5 do not contribute to the growth and expansion of the world. So please donate if you feel your time here has value for what most games expect you to pay for.

And remember: DMs only take cash bribes. (Just kidding).
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Originally posted by Saulus
    And remember: DMs only take cash bribes.
    I believe it. But that sounds great Saulus, kudos!
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Cheers
      It is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." - I Cor. 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus
        The current server will then become an additional testbed and backup of the Sundren world so we are able to test world-bridging.
        What is this?

*Jumps excitedly*
        If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
        Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

IF i understand the context correct, hes refering to having multiple servers and each one representing perhaps part of a larger world.... that, or a recent insane lack of sleep is driving me crazy
          Julia Blackstar

Login:Kusanagifanatic

Comment

Like the way Layonara is working I think!

West server is levels 8 and below and you have access to one continent, central is 8-17 and you have access to two continents and east is 17+ where you have access to the last continent and its high level dungeons. Which means you have to change servers to change areas effectively, it works pretty well in my experience *shrugs*
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
            X