Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Server Needs More Dwarves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Server Needs More Dwarves!

Hi all.

Long time no see.

I have a 2 1/2 week period in which I will be away from the wife and little one starting at the end of the month (07/25). My aim is to sign in and enjoy some Sundren during this time.

Anyone (DM, player, or otherwise) up for some (mis)adventure? Availability wise, I should be on in the evenings PST and more flexible hours on weekends.

I'm down, you know, maybe some Veritas action?
    "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Hahah! I get back from holiday (currently away from any interweb that isn't my mobile and even that's intermittent).

Hopefully I can get involved. If not, good luck!
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

If I get my laptop back soon, then sure, I've got a dwarf kicking around, and some other guys in my vault.
        We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Already a fine lot! Btw, Doubt, you are already on holiday with your little one? That's pretty great. The other day me and the Mrs were out at a brewpub and saw a couple with their 9 day old out having a pint (the baby was sleeping, not drinking). We looked at each other and just knew that we did this parenting thing wrong the first go-around. It took us months for us to stick our heads out of our house in order to rediscover the world.

Anyway...

Veritas could be intriguing. Have the staff been bringing back Sundren's great rebels recently?

One idea I want to throw out there is giving dwarfdom a twist in order to freshen up Faerun's greatest race. What do y'all think of having a band of river raiders / miscreants serve as the back-story? We can be as close to Firefly with axes and armor as we want, but I always thought a semi-Viking mindset was an exciting confluence for dwarfy war-heritage and the new wave of dwarven deities.

I suppose too such a backstory could open us up to involving other races too.

Comment

Have ye ever checked out Ruathym? If memory serves, then that'd be the place to look for a Viking-like culture, and I think the population's made up mostly of humans and Dwarves. So, if you were wanting Viking dwarves, they'd probably be from there. For reference, here's a link to a wiki page about the island:

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ruathym
            We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Ha, yeah. Rethgaard really does foot the bill. I have only been able to turn up a paragraph or two on it:

Rethgaard:
              Seafaring dwarves of long ago built this stone fortress. Until recently, Rethgaard refused alliance with Ruathym and actually sided with Luskan. Then it too was plundered by Luskan.
              Full Rauthym entry from The Sea, The Ice, The Island chapter of The Savage Frontier -

Rauthym (ROO-uh-thim)

Government:
              United Ruathym is ruled by First Axe Aumark Lithyl. During the war Aumark consolidated four separate kingdoms on the islands into one.

Largest Settlement:
              Ruathym(5,000)

Economy:
              Raiding, farming, mining, shipbuilding.

Militia:
              First Axe Aumark commands 500 warriors (many little more than youths) and has three 40-man longships and a single raker warship on loan from Holgerstead. Ruathym's navy was destroyed by Luskan. The city of Ruathym and many smaller villages and steadings were all but destroyed by Luskan in a recent war. Much of the land's wealth was looted or put to the torch (though the famous library, the Green Rooms, filled with plundered books from a score of great cities, was spared serious damage). Likewise, the invaders spared the Hall of Black Waves, Umberlee's temple. Like Luskan, Ruathym thrives on trade and piracy, looking the other ways its warships attack merchant craft. Now and in the past, they have competed for the same clientele.

Rethgaard:
              Seafaring dwarves of long ago built this stone fortress. Until recently, Rethgaard refused alliance with Ruathym and actually sided with Luskan. Then it too was plundered by Luskan.

Holgerstead:
              First Axe Wedigar Ruthmaald rules this United Ruathymsub-kingdom. Its fierce berserkers played a key part in the stunning blow dealt to the invaders.

Inthar (Ruin):
              A ruined fortress sits atop a rocky crag some 35 miles south of Rethgaard. Eerie green lights shine here at night, silhouetting shadowy shapes as faint whispers float across the waters. It is said that a hidden shaft leads straight down to Hell. None know its origin, but sailors of all lands avoid this rock.

Comment

Cheers!
                Last edited by ManUtd4Ever; 07-12-2015, 08:15 AM.
                Cheers!

Comment

Veritas? What now? *confused face*

Yeah, on the summer hols with the little one, he loves being out and about, lots of things to stare slack jawed at

It's a pay off really, being at home is many, many, many times easier, but we'd go stir crazy all cooped up together!
                  It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                  Sydney Smith.

Comment

Someone pinch me. Am I dreaming?

Comment

I'm so in on this by the way. Just name the time.
                      Characters
                      Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                      Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                      Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful
                        Veritas? What now? *confused face*
                        Just spit-balling ideas, Doubt. Seeing what sticks on the wall, so to speak.

Originally posted by MyNameIsDave
                        I'm so in on this by the way. Just name the time.
                        Awesome, welcome MyNameIsDave!

Given the timezone spread already, weekends (Late-AM into afternoons) will probably be the best play times for group play.

Are folks generally on board (pirate puns...) with the merry pack of river/ocean raiders? We can easily get our foothold in Sundren raiding goblin and orc strongholds and work our way up to more dastardly deeds. Alignment wise, what are folks feeling? Hover around Neutral so as to spread the joys of raiding evenly across the Sundren population?

Btw, I call dibs on the name Jarl Saltbeard.

Comment

Would we be rolling the same Clan name as we go? Also are we intending to throw the characters into bristlebeard faction or something else?

Comment

Naw, I think we can be composite in terms of group composition. Our back story can include raiding around The Sword Coast and Northward, so we could have picked up all sorts.

As my involvement will likely be constrained to these few weeks/weekends, I think others with more Sundren time to devote should take on the role of the group's leadership. This way, if folks are having fun, the group can continue on without me and I will jump in when I can.

As for Sundren factions...What about seeing how it goes? I mean, I see such a group easily falling into several factions that are not Bristlebeards. Maybe the Meriadocs pay us to mess with pirates in the area or the Black Hand gets to us first and we find ourselves running raids backed by them. Perhaps the druids want us to knockover Exigo shipments.

Comment

Originally posted by kuscotopia View Post
                              Maybe the Meriadocs pay us to mess with pirates in the area or the Black Hand gets to us first and we find ourselves running raids backed by them. Perhaps the druids want us to knock over Exigo shipments.
                              See, this is why I love mercenaries.
                              Characters
                              Verity Chimera - The Brimstone Bard - "Hey, wanna see a trick?"
                              Nora Windwood - Greenleaf Disciple - When a Druid Hugs a Tree, the Tree Hugs back! - Retired
                              Ronus Stonewall - Dwarven Pathfinder - Drunken Scout of Whurest

Comment

Working...
                              X