Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatching a plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatching a plan

I know its ground that has probably been covered before but would an ability to make sound plans be based on a character's intelligence score or can other scores be substituted!

For example could a druid with a high wisdom be capable of making a watertight plan with his wisdom alone if he was so inclined or does intelligence play some factor in plotting and being otherwise forward thinking? I know ideally a high wisdom and intelligence and a good amount of knowledge about the situation/locality would be ideal of course... But are PCs with an 'average' amount of intelligence capable of grand schemes?
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

But are PCs with an 'average' amount of intelligence capable of grand schemes?
    2 cents.

While intelligence contributes to the factor of the capability to hatch grand schemes, I'm inclined to believe that a not-so genius character but had much experiences in whatsoever field would still be able to hatch some grand schemes in his own right.

Mithrilia Somadis - The Heart of Mithril

Comment

Rping stats is fun for some tedious for others. Its good to see folks wanting to make a charactor as real as possible but there is a limit to some things.

My charactor might get an intellegence that would shape worlds (but I might have trouble with calculus).

A fool proof plan seems kinda limiting for rp. Any plan should have flaws, should have ways for folks to track down who did it or allow for complete and utter failure.

Much like a dm event you ask for a chance to do something, its up to luck, skill, and ability to get what you want out of it.
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Interesting question. I don't think the staff would require any stats, but we always encourage you to act within the limits of your character. Wisdom might help you forsee pitfalls and avoid them in a plan; intelligence would help you create something crafty and devious.

We wouldn't want people making rolls for these kinds of things. Just self-monitor it. If your character has low charisma, he shouldn't be a good leader, to name a related example. Even if you, the player, are crafty and devious, it's better to stay within the limits of the characters. People who put points into non-combat stats should be rewarded with better social interactions and plans.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

Having a cohort to make your plans for you is better I think then, then proofread them yourself..

You've brought up some good opinions, I prefer roleplaying to rollplaying anyway... nothing I hate more than your thousand year old wizard getting beaten by a half orc barbarian for his int check
          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

The reason for my post was that I was considering making either a Cleric of Cyric (ala Cyric himself, although Bane was the original plan), or a Lawful neutral Monk (think Cadfael http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother_Cadfael ).

Both would require planning skills but for different reasons

Comment

Working...
            X