Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Updates!

I've made a few changes myself to the world, which some of you have noticed. Here's a brief list:
    • Sundren Legion NPC's replacing old guards, sentries, etc.
      All military should look standardized now.
    • Added some Corsair and refugee animation to Mirakus Post
      (the errors with the semi-colons have been corrected, I hope)
    • Monster difficulties have been adjusted for many low-level areas.
      • Spittlefist Caves should be more challenging as you progress deeper in the depths
      • Sewer Slitherscale are not as nasty anymore, and offer XP
      • Mossclaw monsters are harder to kill, but less likely to get a deadly 3X crit on you with a spear
        They are also ACTUAL goblins now (old race was human!)
      • Ditto with Muckspear
      • Grimaxe offer more variety in challenge
      • Stonegarb adjusted slightly
      • Cartel tweaked to incorporate stealth
        Hideout and Lair challenges increased.
      • Shekinessi naga adjusted (if they don't have arms, why were some wielding falchions?!)

• Phat lewt!!1
      • Spittlefist loot adjusted
        The deeper you go in the caves, the better things you'll find.
      • Loot added throughout Mossclaw
        The more challenging areas offer better chests.
      • Loot added throughout Cartel areas
        Again, the deeper you go, the better things you'll find.

As always, please keep an eye out for exploits or errors. Thanks
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Bravo!

It's times like these that make me want to roll a character.

Comment

I noticed the change on the spittlefist caves, now with the Wardrummer, Warrior and Shaman more often, and the archers having sneak attack, soloing there is not a good thing. Beware!
      Lucy Majer - "Squire of ???????"
      義 - 勇 - 仁 - 礼 - 誠 - 名誉「名譽 - 忠義

"With a heart of steel riding on wings of thunder, we'll raise our sword of resolution high. With fangs of revenge and claws of hatred, we'll return to our golden age."

Comment

Is there even the smallest chance that with heavy investment in stealth skills, sneaky non combat builds will be able to sneak in the distant vicinity of goblins now?
        If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
        Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

I'll look into the spot / listen rolls of the goblins. Thanks--
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

I must applaud these changes!

A challenge is always good to have.
            • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
            • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
            • Crom - Priest of Gorm
            Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Maia comments "Ouch!" at the addition of strength and constitution damage poisons on Cartel Archers arrows.
              Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

Rogues using poison?! Imagine that!
                -Bill Maher

Comment

Have the spawn times been changed as well? Just got killed because we were attacked by a group of goblins respawning about 30 seconds after we killed them at the entrance to the cave.
                  sigpic
                  Samantha Blake: *Sings a song about hope and sacrifice.*
                  Funeral singer and armored Bard of Kelemvor.

Comment

I've got to say, after a real session today, having carved through the necropolis twice, Mossclaw meet, the muckspear village and the stone garb caves.

These changes are really awsome. Increased loot is always nice, Everyone one is just grabbing it up and not really fighting over anything. We all seem to get our fair share now.

The sneak attacking from rogue type monsters catches you off guard sometimes and in general the AI of spawns seems really crafty now. I keep thinking it's DM's meddling with the NPC's but then I look and none are on.

Only thing I noticed was that goblins have some kind of new shield which on my machine just seems to show up as a black box with red '?' symbols on all sides.

Is anyone else getting this? It's a missing animation it seems.

I'll post this in the bugs section.

I ran the updater and it's still doing it.
                    If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
                    Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by Azulfae View Post
                      I've got to say, after a real session today, having carved through the necropolis twice, Mossclaw meet, the muckspear village and the stone garb caves.

These changes are really awsome. Increased loot is always nice, Everyone one is just grabbing it up and not really fighting over anything. We all seem to get our fair share now.

The sneak attacking from rogue type monsters catches you off guard sometimes and in general the AI of spawns seems really crafty now. I keep thinking it's DM's meddling with the NPC's but then I look and none are on.

Only thing I noticed was that goblins have some kind of new shield which on my machine just seems to show up as a black box with red '?' symbols on all sides.

Is anyone else getting this? It's a missing animation it seems.

I'll post this in the bugs section.

I ran the updater and it's still doing it.
                      The question is playing a joke on us But honestly, I've experienced the same thing with the little red question boxes.
                      Last edited by CorneliusVonRichten; 03-20-2009, 08:57 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Samantha Blake: *Sings a song about hope and sacrifice.*
                      Funeral singer and armored Bard of Kelemvor.

Comment

Yeah, same here. But I think it looks nice to be honest, heh
                        "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Damnit, I thought I fixed the question mark shield thing. Specifically, which goblins are showing this? Warriors?

I did not increase or decrease any encounter spawn times.

I didn't really mess with the AI, though I hope some of the NPC's now spawn in stealth mode.
                          -Bill Maher

Comment

In my case, was the crossbow goblin, or something like that. I ran into it at Viridale before zoning to the meet
                            "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

PL, I saw the archers in viridale with the cubes.
                              • Dalrion - Ranger of the Viridale
                              • Constantine - Adorned of Ilmater
                              • Crom - Priest of Gorm
                              Bring me a Shrubbery!

Comment

Working...
                              X