Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Evil would you prefer to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hiss, spit* Sony is the greatest evil of all! Thou shalt not patronize it!
    -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

I'm pretty much stuck in my PnP ways.
      I beleive people should be playing with each other, not against each other. That's been the whole root of D&D: The adventuring party and the adventures they go on...together. Even if they have different goals and attitudes.

So, totally unrelated to players who portray evil characters and PvP (which I'm not into), I found the good adventures weren't always clear cut with the evil thing.
      The campaigns I remember the best were the ones with moral ambiguties.
      For instance, recently with 3.5 I've played an LN elven Warmage (love that class wish they had it). We took on the war type of campaign, and we had out 'opposing army'. Being a warmage I was appointed as an officer and was in charge of selecting the missions.
      One week, we decided to choose the raid option. It read fairly straight-forward: Lead a group near the enemies rear to disrupt the supply lines.
      Easy right?
      Wrong. Our Dm introduced us to the other side of the 'enemy', the civilians. Turns out the enemy we were facing were starting to starve out after a few successful runs. We'd managed to de-rail half the rations, but not the equipment. The could fight, but not eat much.
      So our raids now faced us with a huge dillema. Here we were confronted with widowed women and children (camp followers) begging for coin and food, our enemies. Was it evil for us to do this to them? Should we help them? Are we not supposed to defeat our enemy?

Needless to say, my character was dutiful and just wanted to carry ou his orders to the best of his abilities. A few more good hearted said, help them and damn the consequences.
      So we helped them.
      But then the kicker is, the enemies got thier supplies back in gear, and kicked our armies arses. All because we helped them in turn.
      Turns out their rule wasn't any better either...

So what kind of evil do I like to face against? The evil that is not evil. The good that is not good. In your face and yet hidden.
      There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by VFoxcraft View Post
        *hiss, spit* Sony is the greatest evil of all! Thou shalt not patronize it!
        You have gained 10 faction with Id.
        Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Subtle and scheming.

I played for a while at Escape from the Underdark in NWN 1, and one of my favorite parts of that world was the presence of the Banites, who were sinister, but always sinister within the confines of polite society. So, I'm happy to see references to the presence of Bane's followers in Sundren.

Actually, a number of the things I've seen here remind me of EftU...is somebody from that working on this PW?

Comment

Originally posted by A_S View Post
            Subtle and scheming.
            Actually, a number of the things I've seen here remind me of EftU...is somebody from that working on this PW?
            Not that I'm aware of.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I'm the writer and I've never even heard of it.
              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

All types of evil have their place, but the best evil is that which is introduced by the participants that inhabit the world...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
                "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
                Eldraxus Tzyvioq
                Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

Originally posted by Grigori View Post
                  All types of evil have their place, but the best evil is that which is introduced by the participants that inhabit the world...
                  Only inadvertanly.
                  No offence, but players and evil = a reciepe for disaster. That's the only constant in gaming over the internet on games with no punishment systems.
                  There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoncleric View Post
                    Only inadvertanly.
                    No offence, but players and evil = a reciepe for disaster. That's the only constant in gaming over the internet on games with no punishment systems.
                    Sundren has punishment And I've played on servers with PC villains and participated. Granted alot of my chars wound up dead since they weren't able to escape as well as Skeletor from He-man, but it was fun none-the-less.

Comment

lawful evil for sure, and lawful evil that works for governments that actually try to make the city a better place and not the world dominating scheming looking for a major devistating item( never understood why any one would make that stuff any ways) These guys would be the types that would do the necissary evils to get stuff done, they are lawful, and evil who says evil cant have friends and family and do the right thing, so far the dad on Heroes is a prime example of lawful evil, he does evil, shady things for the government but loves his daughter and his country- the end hallows the means.
                      no one wants a life of discomfert so most alignments want a good place to live and a safe one.
                      Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

Originally posted by Priest of Asmodeus View Post
                        lawful evil for sure, and lawful evil that works for governments that actually try to make the city a better place and not the world dominating scheming looking for a major devistating item( never understood why any one would make that stuff any ways) These guys would be the types that would do the necissary evils to get stuff done, they are lawful, and evil who says evil cant have friends and family and do the right thing, so far the dad on Heroes is a prime example of lawful evil, he does evil, shady things for the government but loves his daughter and his country- the end hallows the means.
                        no one wants a life of discomfert so most alignments want a good place to live and a safe one.
                        I agree with that, I may have a weird way of veiwing things but I don't really think characters/people should be FORCED to act a specific way just because of their allignment. My character could be lawful evil because he/she does evil things for the good of *insert something here*. Say..Robin Hood, he steals from the rich and gives to the poor. So the rich consider him "evil" but the poor consider him "good" (please correct me if I'm wrong, I've never seen/read Robin Hood but this is my general idea of it).

Oh well, I'm also the type of paladin who would help a lizardman tribe or a red dragon to help them and myself, so that might make my veiws mute :X

Comment

Originally posted by Sereaph502 View Post
                          My character could be lawful evil because he/she does evil things for the good of *insert something here*.
                          Yeah, that was what made Ammon Jerro such a good character in the OC.

Lawful evil is definitely coolest if it's not obviously evil.

Comment

Yeh, the dirty good is the best evil around. But I like to see both really. Some evil necromancer with a horde of undead is fun for the soldier types out there, a hidden noble with plans to overthrow the king in a gruesome way is fun for the more in depth rp-ing. Oh, and I also love the Overlord -> Hidden underlords structure. You know, you nearly defeated the big bad boss, but you didn't know his best companion was a governour ( spelling.. ) back at the estates. And suddenly he stands behind you with the bad news *O*
                            Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Working...
                            X