Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight's client updates: What's new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight's client updates: What's new

Several things will be added/changed/fixed in tonight's updates. The change list is as follows:

UI Additions:
    - The Sundren Player UI has been merged with the default player UI, and now accessed through the famous button at the lower left of your screen. Note that the disguise button and language button are not there any longer.
    - The language button has been added to the chat UI at the leftmost part, where you select your chat type
    - The chat menu also has a new chat type and a button that goes with it: Earshot range Whispering. By targetting a player by rightclick, then setting the distance with the appropriate button for it, and after that selecting the 'E' chat mode, you can now control the distance of your whispers. NOTE: This will be going through stress testing, and if it is too costly to the server's performance this addition shall be removed. DM's, please do not make use of this function on the DM client. It will have... undesired effects (this function doesn't work properly yet, this will be adressed in a following patch)
    - Reputation now has a brand new UI, where you can easily scroll through existing factions and see their stance towards you.
    - The Skills UI now makes use of a golden scrollbar to better fit the theme
    - The DM popup UI has four new buttons added to it to grant new prerequisite feats to player characters.

Disguise:
    - Disguise is no longer possible to toggle from the player UI, only disguise kits and the disguise self spell will set a disguise on you, and open a temporary UI that allows you to toggle active or passive disguise. Appearance 5 has been set to use your 'current form'.

Dreadmaster changes:
    - Rather than intimidate and diplomacy, the dreadmaster now gains sense motive and gather information skill bonuses as per the original class
    - Fanatical Loyalty changed: At 5th level, the Dreadmasters influence over his followers is so strong that he can ask them to die for him. When Fanatical Loyalty is cast on a Dreadmasters follower, the follower will take most of the damage dealt to the Dreadmaster. This effect lasts for 1 round per Dreadmaster level or until the follower dies. The Dreadmaster may use this ability once per day at 5th level, and twice per day at 7th level. (Most being 75% rather than the 100% it was before, duration from total class levels to only dreadmaster levels)

New PRCs:
    - Mystic Theurge has been added as a new PRC. Thanks to PsychicToaster for helping to create this.
    - The second PRC that has been added is the Heartwarder. To gain access to this class a DM awarded feat is required.

Class Prereq Changes:
    - Doomguide, Hellfire Warlock and Samurai all have DM-awarded prereq feats added to them.

New Racial Feat:
    - Dwarves and Gnomes now gain access to the Maker's Aptitude feat. It grants a +2 bonus on Crafting skills Jewelcrafting, Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing, Trapmaking and Knowledge: Architecture and Engineering.

Bug fixes:
    - Profession skills no longer take an armor check penalty
    - Some skills have been appropriately edited to be class/cross class for some classes
    - Missing texture files have been adressed
    - Fixed a bug that allowed items to be duplicated
    - MoMF Pixie form now makes use of the weapon finesse feat
    - Some bad string references have been fixed

Not yet in, even though it was promised:
    - The skills UI will still not allow you to make heal skill checks. The problem was twofold, and I only fixed one part of it. Sorry for the trouble, all you healers out there! This will be patched in the next time a client update is done.

Holy Crap!

Go Kael! And Go Team Sundren!
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Neat! heartwarder? a hin PRC?

Mystic thuerge? hmm never knew what to think of that class though at level 15 can't be to bad.

sounds like fun stuff now I just need to fight the urge to create more charactors.
      blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
      Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
      I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Thank you Kael! *and others who helped* you are great.
        "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
        The power of the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeldorn
          - Mystic Theurge has been added as a new PRC. Thanks to PsychicToaster for helping to create this.
          SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment

Hmmm, I like chocolate chip cookies

Comment

Sweeet

Muchos gracious Senor Assuminess!!!

Do we get a spoiler of the Mystic thuerge?

Primary PC: Samuel

Comment

Thanks to all who worked on the update!! I look forward to learning more on the prestige classes Now all we need is a Battlerager prestige and we're set! :P
                "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
                Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

Comment

Put up Dreadmaster (balance) changes in the original post.

Prestige Class info should be up on the wiki soon, but here's the basic descriptions of the classes:

Mystic Theurge

Blurring the line between divine and arcane, mystic theurges draw power from divine sources and musty tomes alike. While most spellcasters choose one path to magical power, mystic theurges walk two roads at once, simultaneously mastering spells common to clerics and wizards.

Mystic theurges tend to be fascinated with magic in whatever form it takes. They're always on the hunt for powerful magic items and new arcane spells. Those mystic theurges who worship a deity use the power of their spellcasting to further their deity's agenda.

When a new mystic theurge level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in any one arcane spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class and any one divine spellcasting class she belonged to previously.

Heartwarder

Heartwarders follow the teachings of their patron goddess Sune and seek to encourage love and enjoyment of all things in life. Heartwarders often serve wealthy patrons and in turn are served by others to help bring together men and women seeking love and intimacy, as well as to bring pure pleasure through art, music, and other enjoyable pursuits.

Sometimes, heartwarders are forced to take a less peaceful route and members of the order oppose all forms of cruelty and tyranny. Although heartwarders do not relish battle, they are thrilled by the pursuit of beauty or joy and are accepting of the fact that sometimes these goals cannot be obtained by another other means. Even so, Sune's heartwarders are rarely soldiers by choice and prefer instead to shield others from harm

When a new heartwarder level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as though she had gained a level in whatever spellcasting class gave her access to 3rd-level spells. If the character has more than one applicable spellcasting class, she must pick one to improve.

- Charisma Increase: As the heartwarder gains levels in this prestige class, she becomes increasingly more persuasive and attractive. At level 1 she gains a +1 inherent bonus to her Charisma score as per the Great Charisma feat, and every other heartwarder level after that this bonus increases by +1. To a maximum of +5 at level 9.
                  - Heart of Passion: At 2nd level, a heartwarder evinces such passionate belief in whatever she does or says that she can sway the thoughts of the most rigid critic. This ability translates into a +2 bonus on all Charisma-based skill checks.
                  - Lips of Rapture: At 4th level, a heartwarder's kiss confers a state of bliss upon its recipient, conferring a +2 morale bonus on attacks, weapon damage, skill checks and saving throws, with an additional +2 against mind affecting spells or abilities. This ability lasts 5 rounds and can be used a number of times per day equal to her Charisma bonus. The one downside of the heartwarder's kiss is that it also has the effect of a daze spell upon the recipient as if cast by a sorcerer of the heartwarder's level (saving throw still applies).
                  - Voice of a Siren: At 6th level, a heartwarder's voice is so enticing that she weakens the ability of opponents to resist her spells. She gains the Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) and Spell Penetration feats.
                  - Tears of Evergold: At 8th level, as a full round action, a heartwarder can cry tears drawn from Evergold, a sacred pool that enhances beauty that Sune shares with the elven goddess Hanali Celanil. These tears serve as holy water and the power of the pool can be called upon once per week at the cost of 6 experience points.
                  - Fey Metamorphosis: At 10th level, a heartwarder is so attuned to the forces of natural beauty that she transcends mortal definitions of beauty. She gains spell immunity to Charm and Dominate effects, as well as Hold Person spells.

Comment

Ok, earshot whispers still need work. They are no use for now, but will be fixed later.

Comment

cool stuff, is the update complete then? I'm getting the following when I try to log:

Could not load the Module: Missing required HAK file. "sundren_v66.hak"

Should I just run the sundren client again?

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Yes, run the updater again.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Upon being able to connect after the server after the update my character Zem Lo' QUell has been removed from my selection of characters, it is the only character I have and now instead i have a selection called [Server Vault] and when i do select the character and load the game he is a level 1 red dwarf barbarian, he is chaotic evil with No name whatsoever. Please reply ASAP with any information you have. Or maybe you know if this is a reoccuring problem or bug.

Comment

That happend to me once. A DM had to save all my things and I had to do a rebuild.
                            "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."-Winston Churchill

"A warrior is measured in sacrifice beyond death for he who rises not once but twice shall offer all those nearby you pay the price" Banite Hero

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/126/rwee.png <-- New home.

Ju'eir- http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6286/sdfsdf.png
                            The power of the hunt.

Comment

That wouldnt be too bad, the only thing i would be missing then is the amount of gold i used to buy my spells.. perhaps 3000, Oh and what did they do about the level cap and the amount of time you have played. I'd say i played about 25-30 hours so that would have a small effect. But it would be alot less effort than creating my character from scratch and would give me more roleplaying opportunity.

*edit* But in any case I'm going to move this into its own thread

Comment

Working...
                              X