Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HiPS, A new point to raise, or an error to point out.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiPS, A new point to raise, or an error to point out.

Yeah I know that just irritated the hell out you all after the thread got closed but well... there is more to discuss.

To quote the wikiki!

-HIPS (non-combat): HIPS is acceptable for spying, to manuever through open areas unseen, but players cannot abuse this ability by STAYING in the open for a lengthy time.
    • Example 1: Stealthed character with HIPS moves from hiding behind a barrel and skirts the edges of the room to gain cover behind a large peice of furniture. This is acceptable.
    • Example 2: Stealthed character with HIPS moves from the hiding behind a rock through the middle of Exigo campfire to hide behind a wagon. This is acceptable.
    • Example 3: Stealthed character with HIPS moves from hiding behind a rock to the middle of a crowd of people, standing in front of them and pick-pocketing. This is not acceptable.
    See what I did there? Pointed out the errors with the simple use of colour. I know, 'I am' the shizzle.

I just thought this needed rethinking as they are examples of the regular uses of stealth, by a character who just happens to have the feat HiPS but is not actually using the ability. To clarify, any character with steath, who did not have the feat HiPS would be able to do any of the above.

If you want a version of these examples that I think you guys were trying to give, try these:
    • Example 1: Unstealthed character with HIPS, enters stealth whilst clearly within plain sight of others and slips behind a barrel, then skirts the edges of the room to gain cover behind a large peice of furniture. This is acceptable.
    • Example 2: Unstealthed character with HIPS enters stealth whilst clearly within plain sight of others then they procede to withdraw themselves from the central focal point of the area, being the area around the exigo camp fire but within the benched area. They then circumvent all those sat around the fire finally coming to rest out of sight behind a wagon. This is acceptable.
    • Example 3: Unstealthed character with HIPS enters stealth whilst clearly within plain sight of others in the middle of a crowd of people and then remains in front of them, without seeking cover, pick-pocketing those who have just seen the HiPS character vanish but would be consciously aware of his presence. This is not acceptable.

I think these examples are equivelents to the scenarios above but make use of the HiPS skill and also apply the rules layed down in the wiki, by yourselves, prior to the given examples quoted.

Don't want to nit pick but... SORT YOUR S*** OUT!
    If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
    Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Umm? huh..colorful?

All I get from it is PP is jerkie...which I agree better to rp an item taken then take an item.
    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's a mislabeling, but I don't want people to be mislead: these rules are not open for "discussion."
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

That's alright we don't have to discuss them, but I think you DM's need to at least discuss them a little more... *cough*
        If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
        Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Closing this thread now before I get irritated...
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

Working...
          X