Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with an NWN Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an NWN Survey

Hello!

I'm Tdubstatman and I have a favor to ask of the playerbase here. I've put together a survey to help builders and server administrators better focus their efforts on players. The survey focuses on NWN and NWN 2 persistent world servers.

I don't want offend players or the owners of Sundren, so please tear down this post if I'm breaking any rules.

However, if you don't mind, and if you have the time, please check out the survey at http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/renders...8qrs9ett539026

Anyone who wants a copy of the completed results of the survey is encouraged to leave their email at the bottom of the survey. With respect to your privacy, leaving your email address is optional and your email will only be used to send you the results of the survey once it is complete.

Thank you for your time, and keep gaming.

Tdubstatman

intresting thing but most is level 40 stuff :\

I think the important thing for a PW more then anything is a leader. Someone with a vision and puts their foot down. Who will listen, yet has firm lines drawn in the sand.

As for the rest of the questions it really does not matter in a PW what is down. Its more of HOW its done.

What was that saying "a true sign of a good diplomat is someone able to tell the other person to eat **** and die, yet leave with a smile afterwards".
    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

I'm growing to like PoV more and more...
      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
      -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by Product of Void View Post
        intresting thing but most is level 40 stuff :\

I think the important thing for a PW more then anything is a leader. Someone with a vision and puts their foot down. Who will listen, yet has firm lines drawn in the sand.

As for the rest of the questions it really does not matter in a PW what is down. Its more of HOW its done.

What was that saying "a true sign of a good diplomat is someone able to tell the other person to eat **** and die, yet leave with a smile afterwards".
        So someone does understand my leadership style...
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Its the random beatings I have learned :P.

Things I have noticed from PWs I have been too is when the leadership goes the server goes down hill rather quick.

Other problem is folks trying to change a server into their own view of perfect. When there truly is no perfect there just is. My motto is "change your rp to fit the server, do not try to change the server to fit your rp".

Makes life much easier.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me

Comment

Saulus = Bane

Yet somehow in a NWN player world it's a system that works. None of this pink and fluffy softly softly crap.
            If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
            Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

The servey is written from the perspective of someone who has had a Player world that has become barren and unused by players and is seeking to find out what was done wrong and what could have been done different to keep the players about.

The very options suggest what has gone wrong.

It's all about what can be changed about the game. People hate change. if it ain't broke don't fix it. If the engine has a glitch or fault and something is not working as it is supposed to then by all means fix it but every time i have played on a player world that wanted to unbalance the very rules of D&D in order to manipulate the player base 'in the name of balance!' Making the server how a few individuals want it to be to the detriment of the enjoyment of the original game that others logged on to play, these server just die for me.

Messing with the game is bad, manipulate the setting, manipulate that which is obtainable in a non mechanical sense. manipulate the goals and aims of characters and manipulate roleplay but just leave the sodding mechanics alone.
              If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
              Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

I agree with not changing to the server to fit the whinning few. But when your creating a server and have a vision for it by all means alter it.

But you have to have One persons vision. One person must be the leader.

If I were to design my view of a perfect world it might be heaven for some but hell for others. But that does not matter, what matters is sticking to your idea.

As for change folks do like change when it Brings things, when things are lost they tend to dislike it.

My first Rp nwn server started with an open vault, later was password protected with bio requirments. It never died from the changes nor removal of classes or special requirments. What killed it was when the leader left andn none took the leadership role. It almost survived when a new leader arrived, but they did not understand another aspect of a PW.

A good leader will allow for others to help, get folks excited and know how to communicate. The last leader took all tasks upon themselves while denying anyone elses help, then complained over being over worked.

Any PW will change, things will be removed, altered, or added. Nature of the beast, as will people leave and return.

All that matters is the vision and idea of what the world is remains.

Comment

Working...
                X