Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some dumb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some dumb questions

Might be covered else were but I R not finding them.

1. Is there a like a quest dm acount to pm so the get all the pms so its organized verses spreading it around all the dms?

2. if player created items are a no-no, perhaps a topic with item ideas, and or stories could make a contest of it (done on previous servers was fun).

3. Please don't smite me....
    blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
    Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
    I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

1) That's actually a very good idea. I've been thinking about requesting a DM mailbox where requests could get funneled to multiple DMs. We don't want to use the Help requests, but maybe adding two Help Request forums (DM and Technical issues, seperate) would help too.

2) No.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

I actually like that first idea.. personally I always put things in the help request forum..sometimes other times like if its a private letter to a NPC I send it to a DM through PM. I can see how this can be useful as I would of liked it if all dm's could of seen the letter.

Also. I'm not really sure how to use the help request section.
      Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

At the moment, help requests are for technical issues, not for in-character requests.
        "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
        -Bill Maher

Comment

corespondance is talking to players or Npc's IC I think. I know folks fear meta gaming but yet to run into anyone doing so. Heck some players know OOC the dirt on other charactors yet work with what their charactors know.

A few veritas players are using the RP story section to rely messages to their bosses because its easier that way.

In using a forum post to rely messages to npc's or your faction leaders you allow all staff to see it, so more likely to get a response or give dms evil ideas.... I mean FUN...

instead of a DM account to pm maybe just another forum topic like bugs were you can post private topics that would do the same effect. Allowing all staff to review and say "OMG what are you thinking or.... Muahaha".
          blame everything right in my life on god -Me.
          Being insane in a sane world is alot more fun then being a sane man in an insane world. -Me
          I am only what you percieve, and even that is an illusion. -Me.

Ashinet Clavin Shiv Shadowsong

Comment

For ic requests, you could always insert a request page on the board.

-Name character
            -nwn2 account name
            -Type of request
            -Ic explanation
            -Ooc explanation
            - Character's mentors

Scripted so that once you push Submit, the page will appear in a section on the Dm forum.
            This could work out easily for special requests.
            William Noche: 'A-shadowy-to-be-knight'.

Comment

Working...
            X