Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warpriest Druid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warpriest Druid?

I was just wondering how sundren treats a druid with a prestige of warpriest. Do druids who prestige to warpriest (which grants all armors and shields) retain their spells and druid abilities when in heavy armor? If they wear a heavy armor made of animal hide such as Dragon, Wyvern, or Umber Hulk does this allow them to bypass the general "Druid's can't wear metal armor" rule? Also would they be able to use a tower shield made of Umber hulk. I have no plans to do so, but was just curious as to the games ability to recognise different materials, or if its strictly determined by the armors weight catagory.

Thanks,

Durin
    "Who needs a plan when you've got an Axe!"
    Gael Ironhide

Link to my GF's articles: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/pnmnp2

The armor rule, for Druids, only applies to metal-based armors. The Druid I played had a suit of Silver Dragon Armor, and it worked fine for him, even as Full Plate with the base item. If you took the Warpriest PRC, all you would get is the proficiency feat for Heavy Armor, but that feat won't bypass the script that negates your casting, should you be wearing metal.
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Ah, thanks so warpriest doesn't negate losing spells while in metal, but it does provide the feat for wearing heavy armor made of animal hide. Thanks Kangleton
      Gael Ironhide

Comment

Lol, when will we see this Malarite Dwarven Warpriest?
        If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
        Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

A druid/warpriest would still have to abide by the druid code of a non-metal armour outlook. However they can now utilize more heavier versions of armour, such as full plate and tower sheilds.

Silver Dragon armour wouldn't be metal, it would be Silver Dragon scales. Salamander hides, Wyvern hides, and Umber Hulk hides are not metal, they are . . .hides. Which would qualify them as a natural material.

Metal would include iron, steel, bronze etc. etc.

You can have a breast plate, full plate, or even chain mail made out of various types of natural (Sans-metal) based materials.

My level 12 druid Orren wears Studded Leather armour. Usually the studded in, studded leather, refers to small metal rivets or such attatched to the majority of the leather. However this particular set of armour is the 'Path of the Basilisk' which is made out of Basilisk hide and studded with it's bones, rendering it therefore a 'natural' item.

Also when it comes to sheilds it doesn't matter if it's a buckler or a tower sheild, just get one thats made out of wood. Zalantar is a good choice, as all wood is a natural base.

There are a few nature gods/goddessess and PrC's that DO allow a druid to wear metal armour however. Malarite though is not one, and actually encourages his followers to hunt naked covered in the blood of a fresh kill.

Hope this helps.
          Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Very informative Gairun thanks for the wealth of info.
            Gael Ironhide

Comment

Mielikki, I believe, allows her worshippers to wear metallic armors.

Comment

Very true, could always be Drizzt the Warpriest (I jest of course!).

You dont see many followers of Mielikki though!
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                X