Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dueling/PvP Arena & Scorekeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated in our FAQ, all roleplay should be consensual. So under those circumstances, yes. There wouldn't be a problem. However if a DM were to receive a complaint from either party, things would be different.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

It would be cool to see some bad ass NPC's you can fight..

Also you could fight some NPC's again.. have a character level range where your character, based on your level can fight a certain amount of NPC's that are challenging to your character or above. Maybe fight them once per reset or something like that..

Perhaps have some betting? When a character fights and NPC or another character others could bet if the are in the arena watching.

Also it would be cool to give some time in the arena before the battle starts.. maybe a couple gates for the opposing sides.. so you just wouldn't walk in there and go off on each other. Or maybe just a "ready" switch.. something like that..

Just my suggestions..
      Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

I'd personally like to see the ability to gamble on the outcome of the fights. However, in thinking about it more this would be something that would be better off being player run.
        Paerin Truthe
        Professional Vagabond

Comment

Not interested in PvP myself, so not going to comment for those who would like something like this.

Just let's not have a lag fest please. I see 'fights' in NWN and it's rubbish, all the players do is light up spells galore and summon like mad, etc. Knockdown, etc.
          There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I motion for an entry fee that scales with the character's level. All the good multiplayer economies have 'money-sinks' things to keep the amount of gold in a character's pocket within a reasonable limit. I think the entry fees for the arenas would help to keep inflation in the world down and the thrill of earning money a valid portion of the players' adventure.
            -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

Originally posted by Dragoncleric View Post
              Not interested in PvP myself, so not going to comment for those who would like something like this.

Just let's not have a lag fest please. I see 'fights' in NWN and it's rubbish, all the players do is light up spells galore and summon like mad, etc. Knockdown, etc.
              Awards obtained through the Sundren Arena system are not the result of PvP only but PvE.
              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

Originally posted by VFoxcraft View Post
                I motion for an entry fee that scales with the character's level. All the good multiplayer economies have 'money-sinks' things to keep the amount of gold in a character's pocket within a reasonable limit. I think the entry fees for the arenas would help to keep inflation in the world down and the thrill of earning money a valid portion of the players' adventure.
                I have yet to fully detail the arena system. When the time comes, this will more than likely be a feature.
                Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

what about PvP arena?

Thats could be very nice RP place, think about it...
                  Gladiators, gambling and more

Its might have problems ofcourse but you should think about it.

Comment

Arena will have PvP as the concept we are using has outlined.

Comment

now is pvp held only in arenas? or will it be free any where, if so would there be a restriction like no one lower than you by 5 levels?
                      Angrim Thundergut: The Incredible Bulk

The Hint Banality

FINISH HIM!

^, >, >, V, X

Screen goes dark

Large red hand smashes opponent to chunky salsa

Banality!

Comment

There are no PvP restrictions anywhere but the OOC area. Unsanctioned duels are permitted but if one party reports anything to authorities you may be on the run.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Just found this really old thread and I got excited. It seems to support the Reputation faction that you see. Is this still a concept in the making? I understand that there are a lot projects on the plate, but I was just curious.
                          characters:
                          Jos'iah Ithildurin - Semper, a guardian of Haldemar. "One should always be faithful"
                          Elijah - Warrior Mage and Legionairre of Sundren. "My axe and my magic will cleave you!"
                          Duskthorne - Bounty Hunter. "Every land needs a masked man to do the dirty work for them" (personal heroes: The Knight of the Flying Rodent and The Monk of the Arachnid Order)

Comment

This is still in the works and it will be likely a long time yet before we see this, but it is the plan.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                            X