Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reminder about OOC PVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder about OOC PVP

I've seen a couple of incidents now where people are "goofing off," casting spells on each other and sparring for OOC purposes.

You are STILL accountable for your actions in these, and such sparring will be treated ICly. If you were fighting in front of NPCs, they will react as they would to a real fight. If you DIE from an accident, you will not receive any refunds.

Remember, anyone could be watching. Stay immersed IC. If you want to test something, contact a DM FIRST, not after. Lately, DM duty is starting to feel like babysitting.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Is there any way to create an OOC lounge? I'm all for keeping things IC in IC areas, but sometimes it's just fun to test your toons and play around a bit OOCly. A sort of arena to do just that, where everything can be treated as OOC, would be cool to have.

Since characters can't be exported to other places with their custom class(es) intact, there really is little other way to play around.
    Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
    Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
    Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
    Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
    Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

Originally posted by Verrath View Post
      Is there any way to create an OOC lounge? I'm all for keeping things IC in IC areas, but sometimes it's just fun to test your toons and play around a bit OOCly. A sort of arena to do just that, where everything can be treated as OOC, would be cool to have.

Since characters can't be exported to other places with their custom class(es) intact, there really is little other way to play around.
      Sundren is an RP server, not an OOC lounge.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

If you're going to ignore this warning and do it anyway, at least be smart about it. Turn off searchable and take it to the Crossroads or any number of seldom traveled areas. I personally don't mind the idea of an OOC fight, but I do mind being interrupted during RP because someone thought it'd be a good idea to have a duel at the Exigo campfire.
        Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
        "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
        UTC -4

Comment

Well, I don't think we should give anyone license to ignore this warning Elusa... :/
          "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
          -Bill Maher

Comment

I realize it's an RP server. And while I get carried away sometimes with OOC banter (because some of the people I RP with I also consider friends), I'm here for the RP, and too much of the OOC bothers me as well. And I'm not asking for the whole server to be turned into an OOC lounge. Just a room where you can go if you say, want to show someone else something, or simply chat for a bit rather than RP. Without having to tab to a messenger, and still being in game. It might actually help keep the rest of the areas more IC.
            Annaleen Wiltenholm-There's always something to smile about.
            Chani Kalera- Intimidation is the new diplomacy. *looms*
            Eleanor "Bloody Elle" Lark - Why is the rum always gone?
            Yolanda Brown - If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is going to suck.
            Astrid Hammerhand - Och!

Comment

If you're going to have a prolonged OOC chat, why not use the AFK area?
              -Bill Maher

Comment

The reason we don't have an arena, or something along those lines, where OOC combat is allowed, is because this is an RP serverm and you are expected to be Ic at all times, with a few exceptions. When too many OOC mistakes and goofing off happens, it usualy ends up doing something like killing another character by mistake, (Or your self, in my case) And asking a DM to Rez, or fix things.

This takes away from their time when they could be DMing/playing, to fix the OOC mistake made.
                Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Working...
                X